Return to Index  

Thank YOU!!!

June 9 2012 at 9:43 AM
Lurleen  (no login)

To all you Strangers who have been such great supporters of Eddie's Road, Team Lyle & Smoke Chasing: Your support is making a huge difference in the lives of 10 troubled kids who are wards of the state of Georgia, living at Murphy-Harpst Children's Center in Cedartown, GA. Eddie's Road granted ~$38,000 to M-H earlier this year to setup a program to help kids in the child welfare system make the transition to independent living.

I received this email from the Executive Director of Murphy-Harpst yesterday:

Lisa

This is an exciting day. The Eddies Road Intern program for preparing young people for independent living began formally on June 1. We had used May to successfully outline the strategies for engaging our residents through information sessions and personal interviews, clearing their participation through case workers, making the initial selection of interns to participate. Today these young people moved to a single cottage.

The great news is that we have selected 10 young people to participate. The decision to move them to a single cottage was made so that we can truly modify their living environment to better reflect a transition to an environment as close to independent living as our campus regulations will allow. We have already secured several summer off campus jobs for a subset of those interns who were best prepared to experience off campus employment. The other interns have been added to the MHCC work team. A number of the young people are in summer school to press forward on their educational goals.

Charles Troutman, FAHP, CFRE
Chief Executive Officer
Murphy-Harpst Children's Centers
740 Fletcher Street
Cedartown GA 30125-1500

I like to think Eddie would be happy about this. Actually, I KNOW he would be.

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Thank YOU!!! Jun 9, 2012, 10:20 AM
 ooh, that is cool Jun 9, 2012, 10:24 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement