<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ames Monument named National Historic Landmark

November 4 2016 at 8:45 PM
David E.B. Smith  (Login David_EB_Smith)
Butt Lite Staff

TeamStrange riders will be happy to know that the Ames Monument has been named a National Historic Landmark, helping to ensure that it will be there for many future rallies to come.

http://www.wyomingnews.com/news/ames-monument-in-albany-county-listed-as-national-historic-landmark/article_5344041a-a193-11e6-a192-23fc5c8ed0ad.html

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ron Messick
(Login mess533)

Yippie!

November 5 2016, 11:27 AM 

Second stop on this years Butt Lite. Congrats to the Ames Monument!

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
fugarwe
(no login)

Re: Yippie!

January 4 2017, 10:23 PM 

They must have heard I deposited some of Eddie's ashes into a large crack in the base of the monument before they repaired it a couple years ago.

Respond to this message   
A Wilson
(no login)

January 6 2017, 9:20 AM 

It's a thrilling ride to come at from the back side on a "County Road". My 99 RT made a really good dirt bike, handled the two track and stream bed crossing.
A.W.

Respond to this message   
DaJuice
(Login DaJuice70)

January 6 2017, 2:19 PM 

My 1st visit here was in the MN2010. I passed Spanky as he was coming out just a few hundred yards before he was back on the tar. He later told me he had just got back on the bike after hitting a deer and sure could have used my help to pick it up! He then spent the next half hour before I saw him duct taping the bike together. Just after I passed him, his mirror fell off happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Allen Wilson
(no login)

January 6 2017, 3:51 PM 

Threw a shoulder check into that deer I believe, was already pretty sore when I saw him later that day.
AW

Respond to this message   
Dave Nelson
(Login Bambikiller)

March 11 2017, 9:56 AM 

The link to the newspaper article requires a subscription to read. Here is a more complete article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ames_Monument

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement