<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2017 Grand Tour

January 8 2017 at 8:58 AM
JohnF  (no login)

Maybe this will change this year?

The Minnesota Merci Boxcar is largely a surprise to most visitors of the Minnesota Military Museum. According to the museum's director, only a few people a year visit specifically to see the Merci Boxcar. She went on to state that most people do not know anything about the Merci Train, and those who do know of it do not know that the museum has it. The only group to bring people to see the boxcar is the Grand Voiture du Minnesota, which also maintains the boxcar. It would seem that the Minnesota Merci Boxcar has nearly vanished from Minnesota's collective memory. The only remaining memory group is the Grand Voiture du Minnesota.[10]

JEF
Cincinnati, OH

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lurleen
(no login)

Re: 2017 Grand Tour

January 8 2017, 12:18 PM 

She's in for a nice surprise.

Respond to this message   
Lee
(Login Victory102)

February 2 2017, 6:39 AM 

Question on the 10-10-10... Can you only get 1 boxcar per day for 10 days, or can you get 2-3 some days as long as you get 10 total in a 10 day window?

Thanks

Respond to this message   
Phil
(Login PhilBecker)

February 2 2017, 10:57 AM 

Below is the key sentence and I capitalized the key word to answer your question. I am not a tour official but I have learned over time that reading comprehension is important.

Document 10 Merci Train Boxcars WITHIN 10 days, with each boxcar being in a different state.

Respond to this message   
Jon J
(no login)

Response to Lee and Phil

February 6 2017, 12:48 PM 

The 10-10-10 must be completed within 10 days. You may complete the 10-10-10 in fewer days if you prefer. So yes, you can obtain 2 or 3 boxcars one day and fewer on other days.

Phil is correct. The key phrase is "within 10 days."

Jon J

Respond to this message   
Lee
(no login)

One more question

April 10 2017, 7:37 PM 

One more question that I'm probably overthinking...

For the big love and little love. These would each be 1 of the loves that we have already spelled out correct? Not 10, plus these. So we would get 50 for spelling love, and then if ours is the biggest or smallest, we would get the additional points?

Respond to this message   
Jon j
(no login)

Re: One more question

April 16 2017, 11:33 PM 

You are correct. The big and little bonuses are just a part of the ten overall love stops.

Respond to this message   
Lee (again)
(no login)

Vermont

June 20 2017, 9:48 PM 

The Vermont boxcar is located on Base at the Vermont National Guard base and has limited hours of availability. Is there a way to get points for this one without actually getting a picture of the car? Picture of the base gate, etc?

Thanks

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement