<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Minneapolis BMW Dealers

April 19 2017 at 3:06 PM
Anonymous  (Login nlefcourt)

I see Minneapolis has a number of BMW dealers. I'm looking for a recommendation for service/tire change when in
the area.

I know where I live some dealers are favored over others for a variety of reasons.

Please help me figure out where the best place is!

Nancy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lurleen
(no login)

Re: Minneapolis BMW Dealers

April 19 2017, 4:47 PM 

Hey Nancy!

Most of our folks in the Twin Cities who ride BMW's go to Leo's South in Lakeville. It's about 25 miles south of the hotel.

Another option is Moon Motorsports in Monticello. It's 34 miles northwest of the hotel.

I think either is just as good although I'm partial to Moon's myself.

Good luck & see you soon!

Lisa

Respond to this message   
Nancy L
(Login nlefcourt)

April 19 2017, 11:13 PM 

Thanks Lisa. Looks like I might do a ride and fly home before the rally, in which case Leo's is a lot closer to the airport.

Anyone have a favorite mechanic at Leo's? Or Moon's?

My home dealer has several master mechanics but I only let one work on my bike. Don't ask. Don't know what I'd do if he left.

Nancy

Respond to this message   
Joe P
(no login)

April 19 2017, 8:45 PM 

I would second Moon's.
But not knowing when you'll be in town, there is another exclusive BMW dealer opening very soon:http://www.bmwmotorcyclesrichfield.com/

Respond to this message   
David E.B. Smith
(Login David_EB_Smith)
Butt Lite Staff

April 19 2017, 10:49 PM 

FWIW, my current bike was serviced by Moon when it lived with Allen Wilson, and when I recently had it in to my local shop for new brake lines, the very particular head mechanic gushed about how well maintained it was.

Both Moon and Leo's have been supporters of TeamStrange over the years.

Respond to this message   
Nancy L.
(Login nlefcourt)

April 20 2017, 5:22 PM 

Thanks everyone. I feel better already.

Respond to this message   
Lurleen
(no login)

April 21 2017, 2:58 PM 

Regarding particular mechanics - Moon Motors, Earl Moon or Dr.Earl as we call him, is an amazing mechanic. Eddie James was the most particular client on earth & he would not let ANYONE else touch his bikes but Earl. He was so fond of him that when he moved to Atlanta he still brought all his bikes to Earl to have him work on them.

Just sayin'.

Let me know what dates you'll be here. I'll be happy to help with transportation to & from anywhere you are to the airport if that helps you out any.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement