<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Cartwright Tunnel

June 16 2017 at 1:31 PM
Sleddog  (no login)

I remember this being the last bonus we collected during the MN 2010. Looks like it may not be around much longer.

http://www.roundupweb.com/home/cms_data/dfault/photos/stories/id/4/5/9545/1645565.pdf#page=1

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
george b
(no login)

Re: Cartwright Tunnel

June 16 2017, 10:55 PM 

I remember this almost being the last bonus I collected in 2010. I got all the way to Watford City where one GPS was a siren song pulling me in with "big points, go west to the tunnel" and the other GPS barking "head east or you will DNF". I think it was the biggest non-Rest bonus of that rally and it was only a 1/2 hour away! It was the first time I bailed on my route plan and my stomach was in knots. Got back to Leo's with an hour to spare, so whatever time it took to walk/run through the tunnel is what I would have been late.

Couldn't get that missed bonus out of my head until a wandering motorcycle vacation took me back there in 2015. An amazing feat of engineering and a memorable location and bonus. For me, the bridge was as impressive as the tunnel. Plus I got to enjoy it all while not in rally-mode. Hopefully they will get the funds somehow.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement