<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2017 IBR Thank You

July 17 2017 at 11:02 PM
Connie G.  (no login)

I want to give a HUGE thank you to Ron Messick for all of his help to TeamStrange during the IBR. For those that don't know... Ron lives in Kansas City. He has embraced TeamStrange and ridden in the Minnesota 1000 (2016 and 2017) plus ButtLite 8. And this year he volunteered to help Strangers riding in the IBR. Ron came up to Minnesota for the start of the IBR and picked up tires and provisions. Then drove down to Texas at the end of Leg 2, dropped off our stuff and helped change tires and check on bikes. THEN drove up to Minnesota to celebrate with us at the finish. Kudos to you, Ron. Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Connie

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lurleen
(no login)

Re: 2017 IBR Thank You

July 18 2017, 9:16 PM 

I can't second this enough! Ron is an angel. I can't express how wonderful it is to not have to worry about getting a spare wheel/new tire and provisions down to the checkpoint. Ron just handled everything. When we arrived in Allen on July 1st he had a great space all set up with tools, cooler with water & Gatorade, even little rugs to lay on while working on the bikes. He thought of everything.

Ron is my hero!

Respond to this message   
Ron Messick
(Login mess533)

July 18 2017, 9:41 PM 

My Brothers and Sisters from other Mothers and Mr's. I've had a blast with this rallying stuff! Thanks goes out to all those who make it happen. I just happened to have a little vacation time to burn. No better way than with friends.

Between Doug Heitkamp and I we really had a great spot in the parking garage down in Allen, TX. I've never been on the non-participant side until this event. The non-sensical stories some of you had made me realize what my parents go through while I'm rallying. Just a nod in agreeance is all I could offer.

Thanks to everyone also at the finish. Morgan, my daughter finally saw what the heck I've been raving about. She now has the bug and we will be a 2 up team going into 2018!

Thanks to you Connie & Randy, (Mom & Silent Ninja). You house me, feed me, let me cut holes in the side of your bike. If I hadn't caught wind of your rallying I may have never looked into this Team Strange thing.

The whole Stranger crowd has always been welcoming in all facets. Thanks to everyone who attends these events on a regular basis, you are all my Northern Adopted Family!

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login ravenranger)

July 30 2017, 8:14 PM 

+1 on the thanks! It was great having you, Ron, as text support as well as tech support!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement