<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Toll Road/Pass options for ButtLite IX

October 22 2017 at 1:11 PM
Ron Messick  (Login mess533)

Throwing out the question as to which Toll Pass is preferred and/or accepted in more locations? Also which passes have a motorcycle happy mounting? Whether that be a sticker on the windscreen, transponder in tank bag. Thanks in advance for any/all advice.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John F
(no login)

Toll Transponders

October 22 2017, 10:23 PM 

I would look into the NC Quick Pass EZ Pass. If I am reading their website correctly, it is good in all states the EZ Pass is good for (15 states), plus NC toll roads, GA Peach Pass roads, and FL Sunpass EZ Pass is not for in these 3 states. There is a nominal charge for the transponder, but usually in rally mode the performance capabilities outweigh most costs considerations. YRMV.

JEF
Cincinnati, OH

Respond to this message   
David E.B. Smith
(Login David_EB_Smith)
Butt Lite Staff

Re: Toll Transponders

October 23 2017, 1:18 AM 

An issue I see with the NC pass is that after 12 months of inactivity, they start charging a $1 per month fee until the account is exhausted. So if you live in a state where there's no tolls and don't go to states where there are tolls and you won't be using it other than the rally, you'd want to close the account so you don't lose your money. There are several EZ Pass states that charge monthly service fees, and some that don't (Illinois for one).

If you're planning on opening an account for the rally and shutting it down afterwards, monthly fees don't much matter.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login mess533)

Re: Toll Road/Pass options for ButtLite IX

October 23 2017, 6:13 PM 

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login mess533)

October 23 2017, 6:13 PM 

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Respond to this message   
Lee
(no login)

October 24 2017, 6:38 PM 

I got the Pennsylvania EZ Pass this summer as a result of suggestions from several friends. I honestly don't remember all the details as to why this one was their choice, but it made sense to me. happy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement