PAPUA NEW GUINEA DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES
KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Return to Kumul Development Forum  

Continue Discussion?

February 17 2004 at 7:12 PM
No score for this post
Mangi Nating 

Response to Just a short note and seasons greetings

I hope the rest of you had a great holiday, and that you still frequent these boards. I tried to learn some more about the situation in our country and now realize how lacking I am knowledge-wise. I guess youth and idealism oversimplify some very complex problems. I also realize that there are no easy solutions and that what may appear to be theoretically sound may only be so because of all the simplifying assumptions that were made. Nevertheless our discussions do have some value, so I hope that we can continue them.

So to all that took part in the discussion last year and to others who have a heart and mind for the nation, I hope we can continue. There is no set thread it seems, just the expression of hopes and ideals.

P.S: Sir Paulius Matane is also speaking about Autonomy, exactly how it would be arranged mi no save yet, but to me it was some justification for some of the ideas we discussed.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
About this board - the Kumul Discussion Forum is administered and set up by PNGScape with the permission of the founder of the board and the Kumul Foundation pursuant to the Kumul Foundation's object of facilitating discussion and debate on issues of significance to Papua New Guinea's national development. The old Kumul board can be found at www.voy.com/1950/ Discussion must be conducted respectfully, and rationally, with the object being that the dissemination of ideas will lead to action that will contribute to PNG's ongoing development.

Remember, PNG's destiny is ours too!