KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Return to Kumul Development Forum  

Re: Re:Lady Kidu and Back to Original Topic

March 30 2004 at 11:47 AM
No score for this post
Mangi Nating 

Response to Re:Lady Kidu and Back to Original Topic

Greetings all,

Anonymous, you have raised a valid point. I hope that no-one is being put off these discussions because of the type of language used. Everybody's input is welcome, the thing is the thought that counts not necessarily the words used to express that thought. For the other matters, I think Inmate has pretty much summed up what I would have said as well.

Inmate, bro just a quick note on Lady Kidu.
I agree with you that she is one of the few outstanding leaders in parliment. My only issue with having a white Prime Minister is the message it sends to our people, it is basically saying that we cannot look after ourselves and that we need a white person to set things right. I know this is being unfair to Lady Kidu who has practically become a Motuan, but this is the reality of the world. I don't know much about Dame Josephine Abaijah as a possible candidate, just a name that popped up, I think she was in favor of a federation of sorts wasn't she? Papua Besena or something like that.

I'm pretty sure that there are a number of Papua New Guinean females who are waiting in the wings, but who, because of the male dominated nature of our politics have been unable to get through into Parliment. Sampla tingting gen though is that we have to be careful not to assume that just because a leader is a female that somehow it makes her more caring.

I urge others who may be reading these discussions to have your say, it doesn't need to be in any particular format, just as long as you can say what you feel. Most of the posters on these discussion forums are mature enough to value any contribution regardless of the way it is written.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
About this board - the Kumul Discussion Forum is administered and set up by PNGScape with the permission of the founder of the board and the Kumul Foundation pursuant to the Kumul Foundation's object of facilitating discussion and debate on issues of significance to Papua New Guinea's national development. The old Kumul board can be found at www.voy.com/1950/ Discussion must be conducted respectfully, and rationally, with the object being that the dissemination of ideas will lead to action that will contribute to PNG's ongoing development.

Remember, PNG's destiny is ours too!