RE:Breaking News -Another women a victim of husband's infidelityApril 1 2004 at 12:45 PM
No score for this post
Response to Interesting & Enlightening
The following news article was culled from Sydney Morning Herald Newspaper. It again shows how our women folk live on a knife edge (literally and figuratively). Now, one woman's life has been lost while one is likely to spend a considerable amount of her time incacerated if convicted. Wonder what will happen to their respective children if they had any, and of course the families? What about the husband(s)?Will the one involved in the love triangle be culpable as well or will he as often has been the case escape punishment?
Woman stabbed to death in PNG departure lounge
By Jim Baynes
April 1, 2004 - 9:39AM
Print this article
Email to a friend
A woman has been stabbed to death by another woman in a packed airport departure lounge in Papua New Guinea.
The attack took place yesterday in the town of Mount Hagen, where Australian pilot Alan Mourilyan was shot dead by criminals last month.
The stabbing was confirmed by a passenger arriving in Port Moresby with blood still on his clothing.
Dozens of passengers were waiting in the small terminal when a Mount Hagen woman accused a woman from another part of the country of having an affair with her husband.
Witnesses said the accuser stabbed the woman to death.
The attacker's husband then dragged the woman out of the terminal, as shocked travellers crammed themselves into one corner, away from the pool of blood.
"No-one knew how the attacker got in, but she handled the situation smartly," a witness told the Post-Courier newspaper.
"She walked in silently and attacked her opponent in the heart and stomach area.
"The attacker was dragged out of the terminal by the man involved and carried in a double cab Hilux (utility)."
The attack came just as a group of national leaders attempt to re-build Mount Hagen's reputation following the murder of Captain Mourilyan.
A public appeal was launched today to donate money to Mourilyan's family as an expression of condolence.
Mount Hagen is one of several major centres in PNG targeted by Australia's looming deployment of 230 police.
- Re: RE:Breaking News -Another women a victim of husband's infidelity - Mangi Nating on Apr 1, 2004, 2:37 PM
- Re: RE:Breaking News -Another women a victim of husband's infidelity - kekeni on Apr 2, 2004, 10:17 AM
- Re: Fatal Stabbing and News Break - Inmate on Apr 2, 2004, 10:56 AM
- Da Vinci's Code - Sepik on Jun 25, 2004, 7:55 PM
- Sepik! - Ralph Hamilton on Jun 28, 2004, 11:35 AM
- Re: Sepik! - Anonymous on Jun 28, 2004, 5:10 PM
- Re: Sepik! - Mangi Nating on Jun 28, 2004, 6:54 PM
- Re: Sepik! - Mistah on Jul 1, 2004, 12:17 PM
- Re: Sepik! - Humdum on Jul 1, 2004, 12:23 PM
- Re: Sepik! - Mangi Nating on Jul 1, 2004, 8:50 PM
- Re: Sepik! - Anonymous on Jul 2, 2004, 11:30 AM
- Re: Sepik! - Mangi Nating on Jul 3, 2004, 11:51 AM
- Ich habe dich! - Ralph Hamilton on Jul 4, 2004, 8:44 AM
- Re: Ich habe dich! - Wantok on Jul 4, 2004, 6:43 PM
- The original thread, - Ralph Hamilton on Jul 5, 2004, 1:17 AM
- Re: The original thread, - Mangi Nating on Jul 6, 2004, 11:19 AM
- Tru tumas MN - Ralph Hamilton on Jul 6, 2004, 3:06 PM
- Re: Tru tumas MN - Mangi Nating on Jul 6, 2004, 4:04 PM
- 42 - Ralph Hamilton on Jul 8, 2004, 9:25 AM
- Re: 42 - Mangi Nating on Jul 8, 2004, 7:11 PM
- 42 - Ralph Hamilton on Jul 9, 2004, 12:00 PM