PAPUA NEW GUINEA DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES
KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Return to Kumul Development Forum  

Benevolent Dictator

July 21 2004 at 8:47 PM
No score for this post
ED 

Response to Re: Creating a better society

The greatest form of deocracy is found on the rugby feild as two teams struggle for a win.
Imagine a team whose captain is the 'benevolent dictator' who orders and every one does.
It will never work nor will it ever last.

In our country's short history we have seen incidents of the dictator extending his power. The Mekere governmet went against the value of collective bargaining and used the special clause in the constitution that gave the govt exclusive veto rights and torpedoed the decison by the industrial tribunal to raise wages in the earl 00's. since then there has been no wage increase though the price of evrything else is skyrocketting.

I belive in the power of the masses though the time for vision to become reality. for PNG to reach its true potential through the principles of democracy i don't belive i will see in my life time, i can only dream and act in my small way.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
About this board - the Kumul Discussion Forum is administered and set up by PNGScape with the permission of the founder of the board and the Kumul Foundation pursuant to the Kumul Foundation's object of facilitating discussion and debate on issues of significance to Papua New Guinea's national development. The old Kumul board can be found at www.voy.com/1950/ Discussion must be conducted respectfully, and rationally, with the object being that the dissemination of ideas will lead to action that will contribute to PNG's ongoing development.

Remember, PNG's destiny is ours too!