PAPUA NEW GUINEA DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES
KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Return to Kumul Development Forum  

Asian Invasion of PNG

October 21 2004 at 9:24 AM
No score for this post

I would like to know genuine opinions, views and concerns from Papua New Guineans about the latest trend of events following the crack down of illegal horse racing machines and criminal activities in Port Moresby and other centres of PNG by the Asian nationalities.
There are a whole lot of criminal activities that are conducted by these people with and without the help of PNG nationals, such as:
- - bribing officials, running brothels, hirring hit-men to kill PNG officials, facilitating horse race gaming, money laundering, crime syndicate, tax evasion, etc, etc, etc,......
A very good number of these people do not have proper immigration approvals or documents to be in this country and they don't even have any professional qualifications to work at a professional level to leave behind something tangible for the country to appreciate once they have gone. Instead, they appear to add on the already alarmingly accumulating national woes.

My message is that for those of you PNG nationals who are behind these activities in one way or the other for your own greed and wealth, do you ever consider the majority of the country's populace plus other dignified hard-working PNGeans? Do you know that you are slowly being lured into throwing your own country PNG - a unique place in the whole wide world you call home everyday down the sewage pipe? Do you have any sense of guilt at all?

My heart cries for my beloved PNG - land of a thousand languages, tribes, cultures, and traditions ...
This is one person's (myself) opinion regarding the latest events in PNG and I am sorry if this message offends someone.

eagleblue

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

About this board - the Kumul Discussion Forum is administered and set up by PNGScape with the permission of the founder of the board and the Kumul Foundation pursuant to the Kumul Foundation's object of facilitating discussion and debate on issues of significance to Papua New Guinea's national development. The old Kumul board can be found at www.voy.com/1950/ Discussion must be conducted respectfully, and rationally, with the object being that the dissemination of ideas will lead to action that will contribute to PNG's ongoing development.

Remember, PNG's destiny is ours too!