PAPUA NEW GUINEA DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES
KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Return to Kumul Development Forum  

I totally agree with you on that idea

March 21 2006 at 2:24 PM
No score for this post

Response to Re: Aussie MP "Australia has not done enough to help PNG"

Buddie, I dont know where to start but yes our peoples' attitude need to change.I have been living overseas for over ten years and every now and then I go back home to visit my old folks.Every time I am there,all my extended family come aroud to our house for a chat and the usual mauswara.Not only do they update me on all the happenings in the village but a list of all their debts, which include brideprice,comphensation,school fees etc... and their problems.The thing that gets my attention the most is during a normal day, the very people that come around complaining about their problems are sitting around at a public market place or somewhere similar doing absolutely nothing. Yet they 've big piece of uncultivated land just laying there to be worked on.How on earth do we explain that??????
I guess you know what I mean, anyway in the past I kind of listen to all their craps but now.....I tell them I am not allowed to bring foreign money into the country so I try to be like them too, ha ha ha.. trust me it does work.But instead I try and work in my parents garden just to make them change their attitude.I also tell my extended family that while I am gone my parents can have some food and money from what I am doing here in their gardens.
Ok em tasol ,that is one of my many experiences.
good luck to all who read this article,...
jtee sign off

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

About this board - the Kumul Discussion Forum is administered and set up by PNGScape with the permission of the founder of the board and the Kumul Foundation pursuant to the Kumul Foundation's object of facilitating discussion and debate on issues of significance to Papua New Guinea's national development. The old Kumul board can be found at www.voy.com/1950/ Discussion must be conducted respectfully, and rationally, with the object being that the dissemination of ideas will lead to action that will contribute to PNG's ongoing development.

Remember, PNG's destiny is ours too!