PAPUA NEW GUINEA DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES
KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Return to Kumul Development Forum  

corruption eating delivery system

April 13 2008 at 3:29 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Response to NAME AND SHAME HIM

corruption is everywhere. 2 yrs ago, while waiting for hrs to enquire about my passport, i got told by some passport agent to simply give a K50 note to the officer for my passport to be done in two weeks. i already feel sick after reading your story.

the other day my hubby called and asked if it was common practice to top up birth certificate fees by K20 to get them processed quickly. im begining to wonder how long it REALLY takes to do birth certificates. does it take 6 mnths to process them? i'mma bit confused. and how long does it take to process passports on average? is it 8 mnths. just asking, because it takes others only a wk (even 2 days) while some of us can wait for mnths and sometimes the application form just disappears within their office.

i really dont know whats become of us but i think its come to a time where yumi should SANAP NA PAITIM CORRUPTION even at its lowest level.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

About this board - the Kumul Discussion Forum is administered and set up by PNGScape with the permission of the founder of the board and the Kumul Foundation pursuant to the Kumul Foundation's object of facilitating discussion and debate on issues of significance to Papua New Guinea's national development. The old Kumul board can be found at www.voy.com/1950/ Discussion must be conducted respectfully, and rationally, with the object being that the dissemination of ideas will lead to action that will contribute to PNG's ongoing development.

Remember, PNG's destiny is ours too!