Shame on SapuriApril 19 2010 at 3:30 PM
No score for this post
|DIsgusted professional |
The article below does not reflect the views of the PNG medical society members: It reflects the views of a the few selfserving medical specialists in medical profession who are willing to use the suffering of the poor papuanewguineans for their own gains.
Shame on Sapuri
PNGMS supports new medical centre
THE PNG Medical Society (PNGMS) fully supports the Government’s proposed construction of the state-of-the-art multi-million-kina Pacific Medical Centre (PMC).
PNGMS president Dr Mathias Sapuri said it was time the country had a high-tech hospital to complete the nation’s entire health spectrum.
“The health system in PNG is made up of aid posts, health centres, provincial and base hospitals and PMC will complete the whole system.
“PNG needs to establish a high state-of-the-art hospital because we don’t have one now,” he said.
He said the society had been in close consultation with the parties involved
in the proposed project from the beginning.
Dr Sapuri called on those who opposed the project to set aside their differences and work together.
“Those who criticise PMC have no heart for PNG.
“Let’s work together to accomplish our goal,” he said in response to
negative public feedback following the announcement of the proposed PMC.
He said the people should not think that the money allocated for the project could be used to fix or upgrade existing health facilities like the Port Moresby General Hospital (POMGH) which have already been allocated funding.
“PMC is a golden opportunity for training as well,” he said.
“The opportunity can be used to build a post-graduate medical school, providing specialist training.
“The advantage of training that the hospital can provide in the area of biomedical engineering and nursing care must also be given top consideration for supporting PMC,” Dr Sapuri said.
- Support Sapuri - Anonymous on Apr 19, 2010, 4:50 PM
- Tell Us How Sapuri and The Politicians Split the Profits? - Anonymous on Apr 22, 2010, 10:02 PM
- Sapuri be your self - sigl on Apr 24, 2010, 10:41 AM
- New World Class hospital in POM ensures that rural people still get panadol for malaria - Anonymous on Jun 2, 2010, 10:27 AM
- Private Hospital Should Not drain People's Purse - just sad on Aug 10, 2010, 2:13 PM
- Where is the evidence of gov funded infrastructure - Het paul on Aug 18, 2010, 8:29 AM
- Sapuri overwhelmingly rejected as Medical society President - Anonymous on Sep 14, 2010, 8:16 PM
- Sapuri - St ret talker on Nov 2, 2010, 6:58 AM
- PMC HERE TO STAY - Anonymous on Nov 12, 2010, 9:54 AM
- Re: Sapuri - lina on Feb 12, 2011, 6:48 PM
- Re: Sapuri - cool on Feb 14, 2011, 12:34 AM
- Re: Sapuri - moresby on Feb 14, 2011, 12:37 AM
- Re: Sapuri - supporter on Mar 3, 2011, 7:27 PM
- Lamana - YUMI YET on Mar 8, 2011, 11:37 AM
- where has the quality gone for PNG doctors? - a on Mar 22, 2011, 10:44 AM