PAPUA NEW GUINEA DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES
KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Return to Kumul Development Forum  

Re: Fighting for opportunity and also fighting over plain jealousy?

August 27 2010 at 1:03 PM
No score for this post
Countryside 

Response to Fighting for opportunity and also fighting over plain jealousy?

Hell o 7milebeach and Hello?

7milebeach, if I may start by saying that it is not PNGSCAPE moderators conforming to Nesians standard but insisting scapers to do so and I sincerely welcome the challenge. But like many of his gibberish scapes, at best, road signs, nothing of any coherent substance. But enough of this pubescent chatter, lets talk of the real stuff.

Hello? I couldnt agree more with your comments. Socials impact, cultural studies are just as important as environmental assessments. Although conducted for best industry practices, they indeed need to move into mandatory requirements when development plans and projects are formulated. These studies may indeed provide the basis for further consideration and direction to develop initiatives to assist our people in adjusting cultural, social and economic behavior.

Some of those reports are quite interesting in that vaulers have written how the loss of culture through development affects social behavior. Ranging from shifting of values and its impact on leadership, wealth and property. Whether conquistadors inspired or not, we are the only ones that will resolve these changes. It does help when people are looking beyond themselves to address these issues and it is these courageous PNGns we should support.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

About this board - the Kumul Discussion Forum is administered and set up by PNGScape with the permission of the founder of the board and the Kumul Foundation pursuant to the Kumul Foundation's object of facilitating discussion and debate on issues of significance to Papua New Guinea's national development. The old Kumul board can be found at www.voy.com/1950/ Discussion must be conducted respectfully, and rationally, with the object being that the dissemination of ideas will lead to action that will contribute to PNG's ongoing development.

Remember, PNG's destiny is ours too!