Sapuri overwhelmingly rejected as Medical society PresidentSeptember 14 2010 at 8:16 PM
No score for this post
Response to Where is the evidence of gov funded infrastructure
In the recent medical symposium the PNG Medical Society (professional society for the doctors) overwhelmingly voted out Dr Sapuri who has been past president and manipulating and using the society to further his own ends.
Most of the doctors are against the concept of a PMC (at least the notion that it should receive government funding) and were annoyed that Dr Sapuri was using the society to promote what was not really in the best interest of the nation. He and a few cronies have badly advised the Ministers Zibe and Tiensten.
The national doctors association in its AGM also passed a resolution to reject the concept of a PMC.
Its proponents are adamant that since NEC has passed this (alleged whilst the PM was away)proposal the governement will fund it from other revenue.
Original overseas interested parties have pulled out twice and the Clinton Foundation had to issue a strong denial that they were ever interested in the proposal.
- Sapuri - St ret talker on Nov 2, 2010, 6:58 AM
- PMC HERE TO STAY - Anonymous on Nov 12, 2010, 9:54 AM
- Re: Sapuri - lina on Feb 12, 2011, 6:48 PM
- Re: Sapuri - cool on Feb 14, 2011, 12:34 AM
- Re: Sapuri - moresby on Feb 14, 2011, 12:37 AM
- Re: Sapuri - supporter on Mar 3, 2011, 7:27 PM
- Lamana - YUMI YET on Mar 8, 2011, 11:37 AM
- where has the quality gone for PNG doctors? - a on Mar 22, 2011, 10:44 AM