MCultMay 10 2011 at 5:55 PM
No score for this post
|PNG Futurist |
Response to Two gods that failed.
I agree with your points especially on Multiculturalism.
The great example of multiculturalism is the United States when they opened their borders to take in people from Europe - especially during the great Potatoe Blight when there was massive starvation across Europe(Ireland).
The key for the US was that they put the American way ahead of the individual cultures. Thus New York was known as the melting pot where the American spirit was forged and people then travelled West to build a nation.
The lesson for PNG is that our individual cultures will need to be subjegated under the PNG national identity. We need to create a national identity that reflects what we as a nation want to be in the future - key themes should come through like strength, self dependence, fairness, bravery. Our symbols should reflect these themes. It should give our people something greater to aspire to.
We still do not know who we are as a nation. We are represented by the Bird of Paradise - where is the strength. Look at the strong nations - US(Eagle), Great Britain(Lion) Russia (Bear) China(Dragon). The colour red on the flag was inspired by the red from chewing bettlenut.
We will become a nation once we know who we are.....
- Kill the landowners first, then we'll become like developed countries - Cultism on May 11, 2011, 9:34 AM
- YU BLO WE? - deeboog on May 11, 2011, 1:14 PM
- re: - PNG Futurist on May 11, 2011, 5:24 PM
- Re: re: - Viktor Coldvein on May 12, 2011, 9:19 AM
- Re: re: - brat on May 12, 2011, 9:56 AM
- re: MCult - Futurist on May 12, 2011, 5:44 PM