PAPUA NEW GUINEA DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES
KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Return to Kumul Development Forum  

Rascist Curtain Bros

November 12 2011 at 7:41 AM
No score for this post
Em Nau 

Response to Re: Act Now, PN!G!

When I was working in Ok Tedi years ago, Curtains was also up there and the same practice occured there. Curtains ran their own messes. OTML also had seperate messes: they had one for award workers and another for staff.

In the Curtains messes, they served very good local food and also really good western food (in seperate messes). I had ox n palm with onions and rice in the local mess once and totally enjoyed it. I also ate in their western mess and thought it was better than the OTML mess.

Before I left, the messes where consolidated and everyone ate in the same messes.

The rationale for having two different messes in the early days was about the typte of food servied there, the award mess had mostly local food, taro, kaukau, greens, etc. The staff messes had mostly western food. Even though I was staff, I prefered to eat in the award mess because I prefered our own food.

When the messes were rationalised, the mess would serve both western and PNG food in the same mess so that worked out for me personally. I never liked western food much so that suited me.

I am not sure if it is the same at the Curtain messes here in Port Moresby. Have the workers tried talking to the management to find out why that is so?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

About this board - the Kumul Discussion Forum is administered and set up by PNGScape with the permission of the founder of the board and the Kumul Foundation pursuant to the Kumul Foundation's object of facilitating discussion and debate on issues of significance to Papua New Guinea's national development. The old Kumul board can be found at www.voy.com/1950/ Discussion must be conducted respectfully, and rationally, with the object being that the dissemination of ideas will lead to action that will contribute to PNG's ongoing development.

Remember, PNG's destiny is ours too!