PAPUA NEW GUINEA DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES
KUMUL DISCUSSION FORUM

Respond to this messageReturn to Kumul Development Forum
Original Message
  • Just wants me to snap shut
    • hibiscus
      Posted Aug 7, 2004 12:43 PM

Wasn't there a study a couple of years back done in UPNG where almost 1/5 people tested were HIV positive.
      To think => that is a fraction of the population that is priviledged with an education.

If that is a true reflection of all people within that age range(sexual experimental peak), you can imagine what our country would be like in 10years or so... alot of investment into our human capital --> an extremely valuable resources, and educated or not they will be gone. We'll be left with under educated leaders + workers with the burden of supporting either the too old, too young to work or unskilled...>> spiralling negative development.

It seems like it is approaching - well... it is at the point where you need a passport to have sex.
      E.g. exchange doctors certificates that say that you are both clear before you even consider doing the deed(and even that is not a guarantee - may not show up on the test the first time... e.g. if very recently aquired).

Being within the same age group, it is definately a horrifying thought, that makes my legs want to snap shut... with a big heavy brass lock attached.

There is a consequence to every individual action, It takes only once - and it is not worth the chance!! It seems that it would be selfish to do otherwise.
      We live in a world of individuals- all adds up - so it effects everyone.

All I know is that I consider my body my temple, and as long as I have control over it, and have the luxury of access to health care in PNG(the country I love!!), despite not really being practicle (If my partner respects me - I would think he would do the same) - I will worship it.
      Each and every guy is in no man's land until I see that Passport and current Visa!!

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options