For your information, I have e-mailed Mayor Afurong of our plan to hold the BalikPaete 2004 and here is his reply:
From: Paete Laguna [email@example.com
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 1:56 AM
To: Rey Carolino
Subject: Re: BalikPaete 2004 Agenda
Dear Mr. Carolino,
Greetings to you, your family & all the Paetenians USA as well!
It's nice to hear concerns from Paeteños out there and I appreciate
it so much.
Your plan and suggested activities are very much welcome. Perhaps we
should organize first working committee regarding Balik-Paete 2004.
Especially the required funding that I'm sure our Kababayans out
there would be willing to help.
Rest assured that we would work for the schedule of programs and
activities of BALIK-PAETE 2004.
Regards and Mabuhay!
ELMOISE B. AFURONG
Here is the text of my email to him:
Dear Mayor Afurong,
The Paetenians in Cyberspace would like to get together in December
2004 for what we would like to term as BALIK-PAETE 2004. The date we
are thinking of is from December 27 2004 (Monday) to January 2, 2005
The following activities have been suggested:
1. ALAY-AHON sa Tatlong Krus- where people will donate a certain
amount for charity for every kilometer that they will travel towards
the Tatlong Krus. We will have a picnic at the Tatlong Krus.
2. BASKETBALL EXHIBITION GAME at the PES covered court- Filipino
celebrities versus BalikBayan Selection (to be led by Allan Caidic
and other Paete-bred celebrities). There will be a halftime
intermission show by Filipino celebrities.
3. SCHOOL REUNION for graduates of the PES, IES, QES, SSHS/LICEO,
ELI/ELC and the former Maryknoll College
4. FAMILY REUNION
5. NEW YEAR DINNER DANCE at the PES covered court
6. MEDICAL AND DENTAL MISSION by BalikBayan doctors, dentists and
7. GIFT-GIVING CEREMONY (preferably on New Year Day) to the children
8. ALAY-COMPUTER DEDICATION CEREMONY
9. PAETE DOCUMENTARY FILM Premiere Night. We will produce a 1-2 hour
documentary about Paete that we will premiere during the affair.
10. THERE ARE ALSO SUGGESTIONS TO RE-ENACT THE FOLLOWING PAETE
FESTIVALS DURING THAT WEEK (if possible): Holy Week Rites, Fiesta,
Santakruzan, Flores de Mayo, Salibanda, etc. in order to attract as
many balikbayans as possible.
11. Some Reunionists prefer to stay in a Resort close to Paete (eg,
RS Resort in Kalayaan) during the week-long celebration. Some
activities can be held at the Resort.
Could you please help us set-up the Agenda for that week by giving us
your recommended schedule of activities? Please feel free to make any
suggestions and recommendations to make this event truly memorable.
On behalf of the Paetenians in Cyberspace,