With the year 2002 on its last leg, I think we should start preparing now for that big event. Mayor Afurong was right in his suggestion in his message last August 1, 2002 that we should first form a working committee.
Here are some of my additional suggestions/comments:
1. The committee should be formed with majority members from Paete, but with representation from each Chapter of the Paetenians International and maybe Matanglawin organization (Metro-Manila?)
2. Each chapter shall pledge an advance contribution. As an incentive, there will be a provision to get a percentage of any excess proceeds from the income derived from sale of documentary video, souvenir items, souvenir program, etc.
3. Solicit sponsorship from the large woodcarving & arts factory/store.
4. Ballroom - Dinner Dance shall be managed by one or two largest social & civic organization in Paete.
5. The first meeting should include all participating groups who would be involved directly or indirectly, like: a) Sangguniang Bayan b)Barangay Captains c) school representatives from - elementary and high schools d) peace and order authorities (Police, PC, etc.) e) Various social and civic organizations who are willing to cooperate and participate in the event.
The comprehensive agenda posted by Rey includes various suggested activites. But in my opinion one week event is just too long. Perhaps 3 to 4 days of full activities should be enough. The other activities could be just optional prelude to the main events.