BALIK PAETE 2004 Message Board
home| survey form| agenda| comments| back to www.paete.org

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Suggested Agenda

October 5 2001 at 8:33 PM
Rey Carolino 

Okay... Let's start brainstorming on the BalikPaete agenda. Here is my suggestion:

DAY 1 (Monday)
Liceo/San Santiago High School Grand Alumni Reunion
Place: Liceo

DAY 2 (Tuesday)
Eastern Laguna High School/College Grand Alumni Reunion
Place: Eastern Laguna College

DAY 3 (Wednesday)
Elementary Grand Alumni Reunion (PES, QES, IES- Alumni)
Place: PES

DAY 4 (Thursday)
Town Parade
Cultural Show at the Town Plaza

Evening:
Basketball Exhibition Game: Reunionists vs Allan Caidic & other Pinoy showbiz personality.
Place: PES Covered Court

DAY 5 (Friday)
AM/PM/Evening: Reunion Resort
24-hour usloan session... Kantahan... Sistehan... At marami pang iba

DAY 6 (Saturday)
AM/PM: Reunion Resort.... Additional usloan...

Evening: TOWN DANCE at the PES Covered Court
Or at the Reunion Resort (if it is big enough)
Guest performer: Christopher De Leon/Sandy Andolong (pwede baga, Nemie?)

DAY 7 (Sunday)
AM: MASS/Church Services
LUNCH: Picnic (sa Tatlong Krus?)
PM: Uwian na

Ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Recommendations? Let's hear them.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Fred Cagayat

Comments on the Agenda

October 9 2001, 11:39 AM 

Great Rey! I like your agenda. I think, it has everything, and the balik-bayan participants can just choose which one to attend. Here are some additional ideas which can be inserted in your agenda.

- Chess exhibition. A grandmaster simultaneous game against the Paete Chess club and reunionists. Many years back when I was still in Paete I saw Cardozo played simultaneous games against our town chess players. And Campomanes (I think) played a blindfolded/off-the board game against someone. I think it was held at Dr. Baisas residence. Someone was just dictating to Campomanes the moves of the opponent. After a while Campomanes beat the player who had the board.
- For the Basketball exhibition, it should be the Paete selection plus any capable reunionist against the movie stars/professional selection. For the damatan (like me)or for others who prefer a less rigorous game but who wants to join the contests, a halftime show may include : Free-throw shooting, 3-point shooting, or the duo team like in the NBA where the players shoot alternately from different areas and get points made according to the spot where they shoot the ball.
- If we can afford, a fireworks before the basketball game or before the dance (if held at Paete's covered court). I have not seen the covered court. Does it have a raised stage for the band/performers? I think this dinner dance should be held in Paete so other town people can join. In Balik-San Jose, they had paid tickets in order to limit the numbers according to the court capacity.

Respond to this message   
Rey Carolino

Great suggestions, Fred!

October 9 2001, 6:58 PM 

I like the Fireworks before the basketball-- and siguro ay magkakaroon ng halftime intermission-- yong mga guest stars like christopher de leon (paging Nemie!) at Vilma Santos or Nora Aunor will perform.

About the chess exhibition, sino baga ang kilalang Grandmaster ngayon sa atin. Laos na baga si Eugene Torre?

Anyway, I will ask Anne to incorporate your suggestion in the Version 02 of the Reunion Agenda.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Copyright © PAETENIANS INTERNATIONAL
www.paete.org