BalikPaete DeadlinesOctober 13 2001 at 10:50 AM
|Tom and Cia Altamero |
Rey, et al, is it feasible to set a deadline, like December 2002, for us to make a decision which route to take, travel wise, so that families and individuals can take stock of personal resources and make proper response to our plan? We could go on discussing this matter interminably, but setting a deadline will make us act more decisively. Just a thought. Travel happens to be a major factor in this project. So we need to deal with it squarely in the face as we are doing now.
December 2002 Deadline
|October 13 2001, 10:55 AM |
December 2002 is a good target. Ang suggestion ko is we, as a group, came up with the firm DATE of the Reunion and a general AGENDA for the reunion by the end of December 2002.
After we have agreed on the DATE and the AGENDA then will elect the members of the Executive Committee who will then handpick the various Working committees. In this connection, I encourage you all to fill-up the SURVEY FORM in the BalikPaete website (balik.paete.org)- so that we can determine which date is preferred by most. If however, it will be a one week affair, ang feasible time to do this only, in my opinion, is either during the Christmas break or during the Holy Week break. Hindi uubra ang Fiesta unless na the town Mayor will declare that week as an official holiweek-- can he do that?
And to encourage you to fill-up the SURVEY FORM, here is the deal, people who fill-up the SURVEY FORM first will have first choice in picking their Reunion Resort accommodation. So kung dalawa lang ang airconditioned room sa Reunion resort, then the first two who filled up the Survey forms (and they are Fred C. and Nemie Baldemor) will have the first choice on those rooms.... Deal?
|abel c. madrinan|
|October 16 2001, 10:00 AM |
When the date and place and schedule has been all set by common consensus- maybe we can finalize the details and committee appointments during our camping 2002 or 2003- depending on how early or late this maybe during the year. Thus, we will have an "official reason" to meet in person and put a personal touch on this issue.
Another thought is- is there a deadline for filling up the survey form so we can establish a boundary as to when we can tally the result of the survey? Let us say- six months or a year from now? I think we need this so we can start saving our pennies now... Just an idea- what do you think?
Camping 2002 and Camping 2003
|October 17 2001, 10:37 AM |
We are planning Camping 2002 at Niagara Falls on a local basis only (ie, for Canada chapter and some guests) in order not to diminish interest to our "global" Camping 2003 in Pennsylvania. The fact is Camping 2002 does not even have the approval stamp of the current officers of the PI Canada chapter. It is still in the brainstorming stage.
Now, if the PI-NE Chapter will decide not to push through with Camping 2003, then I may suggest to the PI Canada Chapter to promote the Camping 2002 to a global scale- similar to the Camping 2000.
Paging our kababayans in the NE Chapter, any status update on the Camping 2003? We are all anxiously waiting on your formal announcement of this event.
The choice of a BalikPaete working committees in my opinion should be in place no later than July 2002. I don't think we should wait until Camping 2003 to finalize the composition of the various working committees.