BALIK PAETE 2004 Message Board
home| survey form| agenda| comments| back to www.paete.org

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Paete Film Documentary

November 24 2001 at 8:44 AM
Rey Carolino 

Mga kababayans:

I have asked the opinion of my cousin, Augusto "Tito" Quesada (a veteran filmmaker) about the possibility of creating a documentary film for PAETE that we can premiere during our BalikPaete 2004 reunion. Here are excerpts from his messages:

====

I was in Singapore last April to make a pitch for a Paete project for Discovery Channel. Nagustuhan nila pero they found me 'over-qualified'. Seems like they would rather work for 'younger' directors.

Anyway, okay tong plano nyo kaya lang logistics ang concern dito. Start with a decent script, camera, lights and sound equipment, tapos shooting proper na, pocket money for food and gasoline, sino ang makakatulong ko, tapos editing na, etc.

Yun ang basic. Otherwise magmumukhang el cheapo home movie ito. Discovery budgets its 30-minuter showcases at $20,000.00. Of course impossible ito for us. Just giving you an idea of a an International broadcast quality production.

As a volunteer, pwede akong mag-direct at mag-camera. Pero I need a volunteer who will act as soundman, coordinator, etc. Ako walang bayad, pero yung mga ibang tao, ok lang ba sila na TY?

Start brainstorming with a story idea. Who is the audience? Whose point of view are we using? Kayo ba -pining after Paete, si Amang Sancho Madridejos ba who's seen the best and worst of our town, si Manny Baldemor ba who lives in Manila but whose heart belongs to his beloved Quinale, isang mangingisda at part-time woodcarver ba from Ibaba? That's the first step para malaman kung kaninong mata at katauhan manggagaling ang kwento.

Baka puwede rin tayong mnaghiram ng divicam and sound equipment sa mga contacts ninyo. Sira na yung camera ko na beterano ng mga documentaries ni Marilou Diaz Abaya when I was working with her.

Isa pang dapat isipin ay yung editing. The cheapest I can find is 1,500/hour for a Matrox Digisuite (non-linear editing ). The Avid MediaComposer kasi can command a 3,000/hour rate.

Contact all arists, musicians, carvers, etc. na puwede nating i-feature.

Look at 3 locations ---- the town, the sea, and our mountains. Think visual.

Anecdotes like the poisonous lanzones, the San Santiago apparition, etc. could be useful for our story.

Contact the Baldemor's (Fred and manny ) baka may maitutulong sila.

Ganon bang tipo. Parang bayanihan na lang.

===============

If any of you have any comments/suggestions/ideas on the above, please share it with us.

Regards,

Rey

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Copyright © PAETENIANS INTERNATIONAL
www.paete.org