<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to General Discussion Board  

History on "Mishey Outboard Hydroplanes" Wanted

December 13 2001 at 4:29 PM
Robert Musson  (no login)
from IP address 207.90.112.20

If anyone is old enough to remember or have any information on a "Mishey" Outboard Hydroplane I would like you to contact me. They were most likely a A or B Class Outboard Hydro with a canvas decking, single step accross the entire bottom with about a 6" afterplane behind the transoms.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bob Foley
(no login)

George Mishey

December 14 2001, 12:59 AM 

There is a brief write-up and a small photo in Peter Hunn's book "The Golden Age of the Racing Outboard" (Devereux Books, 2000), page 170-171. George Mishey built outboard hydros and runabouts in Phoenix, Arizona, everything from Class M (Midget) to Class F, stock and alky. He also sold Quicksilver conversions for Merc outboards.

If the Arizona Navy racing club is still in operation, someone there would remember Mishey boats.

Robert Donahue
(no login)

Mishey Hydroplane

July 10 2012, 8:55 AM 

Do you have any information you have gathered about the Mishey Hydroplanes you would be willing to share? I have an old Mishey named "Country Boy" that was raced by George Walther Jr. from Dayton Ohio. As I understand it George began racing boats in 1928. The boat I have is a step bottom and has a canvas deck. The boat is unrestored and still has it original livery. The canvas on the deck is not in good shape, a portion of it is missing. This is almost all I know if the Mishey's and this boat. If you have any information you can share with me I would be greatful. Thank You, Bob Donahue

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to General Discussion Board