<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to General Discussion Board  

Miami 75 or 76

November 7 2006 at 11:05 AM
  (Login jasonpomerleau)
from IP address 152.163.100.195

Does anyone remember the boats that were in the 280 heat that David Sooy was killed? I bought a jones cabover that I was told at one point was called Sagitarius or Sagitarian owned by Glen Wilson. He was supposedly in that heat with this boat. I'm hoping someone out there has a picture or can remember who owned it after that. Help please. The boat is in fantastic condition. I'm removing the Auld cell and I have the original set of cowlings that are going to go back on. I spoke with Phil Kunz and he doesn't have a record of it after 76. At the time I think the number was E 143. Jason

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login challiv)

I remember a couple...........

November 7 2006, 11:24 AM 

It was January 1977. David Sooy in his boat, The "ShinDig" whicjh is now the "Don't Tell Mom", Rookie Woodruff was driving another boat which name escapes me now.

(no login)

I remember a couple...........

November 7 2006, 5:00 PM 

George Baker in the "Daytona Miss" was in the heat I believe. Wasn't Skip Gillam driving the Shindig?

(Login challiv)

I think you are correct

November 7 2006, 5:52 PM 

i think it was Skip. I'll never forget that day..............

Jason
(no login)

Macaroni

November 8 2006, 8:27 PM 

I found out today from Skip Gillam that the boat that I bought was once Siracusa's "Macaroni", then "Irish Mist" owned by Tom Sheehe(sp) then
"Sagitarius" owned by Glen Wilson. After the accident in that heat, Skip hadn't heard from Glen and didn't know what had happened to the boat. Phil Kunz lost track of it after '77. I would love to hear if anyone knows where the boat went after that. Thanx, Jason

(Login BARTELLmarine)

The Name is Perfect!!!

November 8 2006, 8:31 PM 

Jason Parmigiano and the Maccaroni!

Greg Isaac
(no login)

Re: Macaroni

November 8 2006, 8:37 PM 

I don't remember if it was the Macroni or Pepperoni that Little Joe lost his life driving.....

(no login)

Macaroni

November 8 2006, 9:19 PM 

Joe was killed in the Macaroni. Joe went out over the front and was run over by the Macaroni. Elroy Schaub's "Crimson Tide" was destroyed when it nosed in (he and Joe were running together)yet nothing happened to Elroy. Elroy was able to swim over to Joe to try to help. If only we would have had the Mercury kill switches back then.

Jason
(no login)

I'm not so sure now.....

November 9 2006, 9:32 AM 

The only connection between the boat I have and the Macaroni is the fact that the prior owner claimed that the boat was once called Sagiarius or Sagitarian and was involve in the same heat as mentioned before. The time line would then lead to the Irish Mist and Macaroni if this is true.

Phil Kunz tells me that the someone in Louisiana claimed to have the boat and it was still running a few years back under the name "Hurricane".They were planning on restoring the boat and putting it in a museum. If this is true then the boat I have can't be the Macaroni because Jim Davison had this boat from the early 90's until his passing last year.

Jim called the boat Captain Crunch and the number was E 94. The boat was mostly painted white with red/yellow. I would be very interested if anyone remembers Jim and maybe remembers where Jim got the boat back then. I'm trying to connect the dots guys and could use all the help I can get.If I can't definatively claim the boat is "Macaroni", then I'll probably put it back to the Captain Crunch until I can prove otherwise. Thanx , Jason

Can anyone remember a Jones 280 between 1977 and 1990 that had the number E 94 or E 143???? Pics??????

Jason
(no login)

What year did Joe get killed?

November 9 2006, 9:39 AM 

Joey , If I know what year Joe was killed , it will help me pin down which boat it was. There were two boats called
Macaroni. Jason

Greg Isaac
(no login)

Re: I'm not so sure now.....

November 9 2006, 10:22 AM 

I don't believe that Tom Sheehy's Irish Mist was the same boat as the Macaroni. In the 80's I believe that E-143 was either Bob Fields' General C, or the Miss Patco.... Little Joe lost his life the year before the Country Boy was sold to Weiner....

Anonymous
(no login)

WHICH Jim Davison

November 9 2006, 10:24 AM 

Not the Jim Davison from Havre de Grace......

Jason
(no login)

According to Phil Kunz and Skip Gillam....

November 9 2006, 11:47 AM 

Skip Gillam told me that a friend of his Wes, said yesterday that he had driven down to Morgan City on behalf of Tom Sheehy to pick up the boat from Siracusa and it was the macaroni and it had light wood and yellow trim with the number E 143. Joey Nolan is trying to find out from John Siracusa what year Joe was killed but he thinks that he was killed in the 143 boat that became the Irish Mist.

I've heard of Bob Field's General C before, was it E143? and when???? We're getting closer...Jason

Jason
(no login)

Jim Davison

November 9 2006, 11:48 AM 

Yes , it was Jim Davison from Havre De Grace. He called it Captain Crunch and maybe Northwind earlier. Jason

Why did you say, Not Jim from Havre De Grace?

Greg Isaac
(no login)

Re: According to Phil Kunz and Skip Gillam....

November 9 2006, 12:41 PM 

I thought the Macaroni was Maroon, maybe that was Pepperoni.

(no login)

Jim @ the Northwind

November 9 2006, 12:52 PM 

WOW , I can't believe it!!! I thought he was younger than me !!! Jim was a great guy , and a good competitor. HE raced with us, back in our 145 DAYS [ Late 60's and Early 70's]. HE was a low dollar operation like us , and did everything himself,except build the boat [ we did that too]. HIS dad was a damn good machinist. I remember that boat now. HE showed it to me at Essex, When we had the 2-wing boat there. TO be honest , I didn't take much notice of it [ too much on my mind].

(Login sherman-tiger-n72)

DAVID SOOY

November 9 2006, 1:03 PM 

I remember that day very well. I think it was in 1977. The boat that hit Sooy was driven by Skip Gilliam but I don't remember the owner.. If you want all the details: contact
egilliam@earthlink.net.
If you want what I know contact me reid228@aol.com
Sherman

Joe S.

November 9 2006, 1:09 PM 

I am fairly sure Joe was killed in 1973 in Morgan City. I was in Europe at the time and found out about it when I returned.
Sherman

David Sooy

November 9 2006, 1:14 PM 

I remember now that the boat was the ShinDig and was owned by Bud Shin

(Login challiv)

Bob Field's Boat

November 9 2006, 2:25 PM 

Bob Field's boat, the General C was a light blue 280. Norm Berg built it? I think? It was later the "Papco", owned by an Air Traffic controller. Somewghere I have a picture of it.

willy-t
(no login)

miami-77......

November 9 2006, 2:28 PM 

besides skip and david, the other boat involved

was the buckeye kid? i know that neil carnithan

was the driver. i remember that it was a monster

of a heat. dave sutton{yankee doodle} was in lane

10. when he got to the first turn, and everyone was

still there, he said he backed out because he knew

it was going to be pretty.....boy was he ever right!

billy

(Login challiv)

General C was E-43

November 9 2006, 2:30 PM 

Found a picture- I'll send it in the next post.

(no login)

General C was E-43

November 9 2006, 3:10 PM 

This boat was a Karelson kit boat that I believe was built by Skip Gillam. It may be the same boat Andy Coker later campaigned which was painted green (Late 80's when I first started running my boat), It had the new style Karelson cowlings not the bullet shaped cowling.

Mike Weber

Jason
(no login)

Don't think it's the macaroni.....

November 9 2006, 3:20 PM 

I had a nice long chat with Ron Jones this afternoon. He brought out the plans for the boat. I gave him all the dimensions of the boat and it narrowed it to the 1st revision of the 1964 design. there were only 11 boats made to the dimensions of mine. I'll list the names of the people and some of the names of the boats

7. Dave Sutton-Yankee Doodle- Grandin Johnson, NC
Airborn Eagle
8. Wade Williams- Ron said this boat rotted away many
years ago
9. Chuck Thompson- Chuck Wagon- Jon Bartell Jr. Ohio
10.John Hucik- Ron believes this boat was destroyed
11.Tony Scartine- 1st State ?????
12.John Siracusa- Ron is pretty sure John's boat was
after Joe's and that all three boats
the Siracusa's bought were the later
design
13.Dick Snider ??????
14.Dave Knowlen- Ron thinks this boat is now "Mariner"
and is out west somewhere.
15.Jon Van Dyke- Ron thought this might have been the
"Little Tool Crib" ???????
16.Henry Knab- Big Bwana ??????
17.Duane Roaderick-???????

Can anyone help with the whereabouts of any of these boats or maybe the last known owners????Thanx, Jason

(Login challiv)

Just got this from Rookie

November 9 2006, 3:51 PM 

Hey Chris,

Yea, I was out front in the “Just-E-Nuff” going thru the first turn and when I was exiting all I saw where 280’s stacked up at the entrance to the turn. Skip Gilliam was in Bud Shinn’s 280 and Sooy hooked in to Gilliam and Doc Taggart’s 280 driven by (the guy that used to hold the 280 record in St.Pete, I just can’t think of his name right now!) ran over Sooy and we all were looking everywhere for him in the first turn. It seemed like an hour or so went by and they were towing Taggart’s boat into the pits, then the crane lifted the boat and there was Sooy.
Rookie

There was more to it but it doesn't belong on here. I was 10 years old, it was our first race, and I was standing there when they pulled that boat up, I'll never forget it. Chris

(no login)

Dave Sooy

November 9 2006, 4:00 PM 

Dave was a great guy , always smiling. HE got me drunk once at Montgomery,on his "Jungle Juice". I had to sleep on the steps of Baker's motor home, coz ,by the time I found my way back to the pits,all the good spots were taken [ man, it could get cold up there]

(no login)

Joe/Macaroni/David S.

November 9 2006, 4:39 PM 

Joe was killed in October 1973. Jason, as you mentioned on the phone about the boat, Spellman Pellerin recalls the Macaroni with the dark decks and dark colored cowlings. Waiting on more info regarding the story on the Macaroni/Pepperoni chain of ownership.

Spellman Pellerin says Gary Fritz was driving the E-303 in the heat with David Sooy. Gary had just bought the boat from George Baker and it was his first time in the boat.

Jason
(no login)

Thanx for the response so far..............

November 9 2006, 5:37 PM 

Hey guys, thanx for your help so far. I think I've all but determined that the boat I have is not the Macaroni. There is a very slight chance that it might be the Pepperoni but very slight. The dimensions really narrow it to about 6 or 7 boats as my other post stated. Thanx again and keep the memories coming. Jason

Greg Isaac
(no login)

Re: Thanx for the response so far..............

November 9 2006, 5:47 PM 

I thought the Macoroni was the dark one!!! Tried pulling the old Skippy card on me...LOL

(no login)

Dave Sooy.... and a trivia question??????

November 9 2006, 7:25 PM 

You guys are bringing back some fond memories of a great guy. Dave was like my big brother. In 1976 I spent the week with him between Essex and Red Bank (I think those were the races?) He was going to build my T boat because my Dad had a hard time dealing with Dick Sooy (Dave did too alot of the time!) We bought the Staudacher after Dave died. I was 16 at the time and he showed me some fun times during that week... a Phillies game I will never forget. We went with a few of his buddies. Anybody remember a charachter named Albie Battaglia? He had a Skiff called "The Spot Pot". Now THAT is a funny story!

I was headed to St. Pete the week after that horrible day in Miami and was excited about the idea of seeing my good friend. He was a fun loving guy and I sure miss him. I guess if anything good could be said about the events that day it would be that most believed Dave was at fault and hopefully that made things just a little bit easier for the others involved.

I swore that day I would never race a 5 Litre and I would never race in the Miami Marine Stadium. Obviously, I reneged on the 5 Litre part. Can you guess where the first place I raced a 5 Litre was? Yep, Miami! (Dave would have been proud of me) Now the $64,000 question.... Can you guess which boat I drove? The year was 1979.

Mike Weber

Jason
(no login)

Mike Weber, what's your email address?

November 9 2006, 7:34 PM 

Mike, I would like to talk to you. Could you please email me at jgpom@aol.com with your address or phone number. I have some questions and you raced at the right time to answer some of them. Thanx, Jason

(no login)

Jones 280's

November 9 2006, 7:42 PM 

Jason,

10. Terry Troxell was good friends with John Hucik and may know where it ended up (TTroxzilla13@aol.com)
11. Tony Scartine's "First State" became Doug Felster's "Hot Shot" which was crashed as a 2.5 Mod and rebuilt back to a 280 by Doug Miller... who sold it to Teddy Dudley... and last I heard it was rotting away in Greg Walszak's back yard in the Detroit area.
12. Dick Snider's boat also ran as a 2.5 Mod and broke the comp record in Decatur and was destroyed that same day in an Invitational. I remember they dove for it for hours and finally got it on the trailer late that night and they woke up my Dad to seal it so the record could stand. It did and he bought a Staudacher after that. Was it called "Cloud 9"?
14. Someone told me a few months ago that the "Mariner" sat behind Ron's shop for years under a tarp. JR may know where it is. Another of those boats that set a record in Washington and came to Dayton and finished 12th.

Don't know anything about the other boats

Remember when "Group W Cable" came from Seattle to Decatur for the Nationals (1983??) and finished last but won because everyone jumped the jun?

Mike Weber

(no login)

Tooth Fairy

November 9 2006, 7:51 PM 

There was a Jones 280 back then named the "Tooth Fairy". It was yellowish but it had a rear cowling like the "Buccaneer". A lot of guys back then were getting rid of those types of cowlings so the cowlings could have been changed.

(no login)

Re: Don't think it's the macaroni.....

November 9 2006, 7:59 PM 

Big Bwanna was white with blue striping, First State was white with blue striping, Dick Snyder should have been a 150. All I remember at the moment....

(no login)

Re: Tooth Fairy

November 9 2006, 8:07 PM 

The more I think about it, 143 does seem like the number of the "Tooth Fairy" but that doesn't make sense without the tailfin....

(no login)

Info on the "Macaroni"

November 9 2006, 8:45 PM 

John Ballero from New Orleans called with info he and Roy Wilson put together on Joe Siracusa's "Macaroni".

It was sold by Mrs. Siracusa to Earl Barras. He sold it to Terry Vaughn. Interesting enough, Terry was driving it and ran over Mark Burghardt in my boat ("MyWay") in 1989 when we were running for Hi-Points in Morgan City. (Ended my season and we finished 2nd.) Terry sold it to Oren Dupre who put a capsule in it. Oren sold it to Thad Miller ("Hurricane") who still has it around the Morgan City / Lafayette area in Louisiana. Thad was trying to sell it a few years ago but I have not talked to him since last year.

Mike Weber

(no login)

November 9 2006, 9:17 PM 

Bob Drone owned the Tooth Fairy. Jeff Babcock's boat lookd alot like it (yellow and black with tail fin) I seem to remember 9's in the number on that boat (?)

Someone said they smoked Babcock in St. Pete and as I recall, he blew over in turn 1.... so are you saying....????? hehe

Mike Weber

(no login)

November 9 2006, 9:24 PM 

The Tooth Fairy was E-202 from ST.Pete.

Greg Isaac
(no login)

November 9 2006, 9:37 PM 

No, not me!!!! By the way, I thought that you guys won the Nationals at Essex in Philly's old Trick Shot but I was told I was wrong..... I lost a rudder in the qualifier....

Greg Isaac
(no login)

E 143

November 9 2006, 9:40 PM 

That number is so familiar, damn I need some of that Ginko stuff for my memory...

(no login)

BLOW OVER

November 9 2006, 9:57 PM 

THE Blitzkrieg was already thru the first turn , when he blew over [ or in Hillsborough County, not sure which ]

Harris
(no login)

E-143

November 9 2006, 10:52 PM 

Guys I,m looking at a picture I took in Miami in 1975 of E-143 the Sagitarian 2. it has dark colored cowls, possibly maroon with gold striping. light decks with white lettering and white outline around the decks. The " pilot" I can,t read but under that name is the name Jack Wilson. I don,t know if that is the owner or mechanic.

(no login)

Mariner........

November 9 2006, 11:23 PM 

Based on what SR. told me about a year and a half ago......

He built Mariner for Dave Knowlen. Dave wasn't happy with the boat, but apparently never REALLY gave it a chance or worked to make it right.

He sold it to (IF I remember correctly) Wally Johnston who ran it as Little Runaway and it was pretty fast, to say the least.....after some tweaking. There might have been someone in between Dave and Wally. I'm not sure.

Eventually it wound up with a guy named Jim, who had it stored between the buildings at JR's shop. It was in GREAT shape, but the asking price was pretty high and it also came with some "baggage" I didn't want to have to carry around.

I went back to try and see what had become of it about a month ago and, there it was.....INSIDE JR's shop....with a canopy on it and being prepped for paint. I don't know who bought it or when, but it sure doesn't look like it's going to make any Vintage events any time soon.

Oh well.....at least it lives!!!

Later......Bob

(no login)

Re: E 143

November 10 2006, 1:06 AM 

I knew I had seen that number on a propeller magazine cover so I dug out my collection and I found it on the June 1978 cover. It's from Miami it has the E-101 buccaneer the E-143 which looks to be all black with maybe gold trim (it's a black and white photo)and the E-201 Sky High with Ed Perry driving who won.

Greg Isaac
(no login)

Re: BLOW OVER

November 10 2006, 7:50 AM 

Slow and on the inside in a 280 heat... Baaaaddd, very very bad....

Jason Pomerleau`
(no login)

Sagitarian 2

November 10 2006, 12:39 PM 

Everyone, thank you for your help. I think I've got it buttoned down. My list of possibles from Ron Jones Sr., The info from all you guys has really narrowed the search. As of this morning, I was down to 4 boats that it could be. Then I got a call from Oren Dupree from Louisiana.

John Siracuse partnered with Joe to buy the first
"Macaroni". This boat was 1970 17' with a 50" airtrap width. They numbered the boat E 143, it had light colored decks with yellow cowlings. They didn't like the way the boat performed, renamed it "The Banana Boat" and sold it in 1972. Luis and John both ordered new boats and they named them "Macaroni" and
"Pepperoni". The new Pepperoni was dark decks with maroon cowlings E 2. this was the boat that Joe was killed while driving in 1973. This hull was redone by
Ron Jones and was sold/became E 117 "Wet and Wild" until 1981 . Oren Dupree had it in Morgan City until he sold it and it became "Hurricane" The boat still resides in Morgan City.

Tom Sheehy bought the E 143 from John and ran it in 1973 and 1974 as "Irish Mist". Same colors and number just with a different name.

Glen Wilson bought it from Sheehy and ran the boat 1975-the 1977 Miami race and then sold it. The boat had light decks with dark cowlings and the number was E 143 and named Sagitarian 2.

All of this information adds up so far to what I've been told and connects with Jim Davison .

Jim Davison owned my boat from the early 90's until he passed. He claimed that the boat was the former Sagitarian that was in the heat in Miami in 1977.

All the pieces are there for me to put the puzzle together except I can't confirm whether Jim had the boat he thought he had. If it's not that boat, it can only be one of three others.

Henry Knab's Big Bwana
Jon Van Dyke The Little Tool Crib
Duane Roaderick ????????????

All the other Jones 280 Cabovers of this Revision are either running/owned by vinage members, racing with cells in them, or have been seen rotting away somewhere and couldn't be this boat.

Can anyone help eliminate those last three???? Jason
th

(no login)

Mariner

November 10 2006, 6:16 PM 

The Mariner was owned by Wendell Ward before Wally got it. Ward set a record with it at Lawernce Lake 10-10-76.

alan
(Login alagervall)

Re: Mariner

November 10 2006, 6:26 PM 

It was last seriously raced By Joe Souza as the E-106 K-106 KRPM sponsored boat in the early 90's. He sold it when he bought Terry Troxell's last GNH. It raced a few races in 94 a kid who bought it but never raced seriously. Been sitting ever since. It'll be interesting seeing it race next year. A 16' 5 litre racing against a bunch of 19' to 22' 5 litres.

Greg Isaac
(no login)

Re: Sagitarian 2

November 10 2006, 6:32 PM 

Does your boat have natural decks? The "Bwana" had painted white decks...

Jason
(no login)

Sagitarian 2

November 10 2006, 7:31 PM 

Greg, the boat was painted completely. Until I sand through some of the deck paint, I won't know. I don't know if the decks have ever been changed either. I don't think it's the Big Bwana. Steve Drucker had been trying to find that boat for some time and he knew of this one since the early 90's. His trail ran cold in Charleston WV looking for that one. I guess he traced it three owners from when Henry sold it but the last known owner was a widow that re-married,changed names and couldn't be found. Jason

Jason
(no login)

Dick, could you post that picture??????

November 10 2006, 7:35 PM 

Dick , thanx for posting. could you post that shot?? I would love to see it.. Thanx, Jason

Jason
(no login)

Glenn, could you post that pic

November 10 2006, 7:45 PM 

Glen, can you post that shot for us? Jason

(no login)

Mariner........

November 11 2006, 11:17 AM 

Jerry,

I thought there might have been someone between Wally Johnston and the next guy, but I don't recall SR mentioning anyone by name. Ron DID tell me the boat was really pretty fast, but that for whatever reason it didn't seem like Dave Knowlen wanted to work the bugs out.

Alan,

Will it be running as a 5-liter or a 2.5 stock? I was told probably the latter......but then I'm not really sure who owns it now. I DO know someone got a great little boat and a nice tilt trailer for a reasonable price.

Like I said before........at least it still lives to see water again.

Later.......Bob

(no login)

Re: Miami 75 or 76

November 11 2006, 11:34 AM 

Jason the boat you bought is the one that Stu Shane had for sale and in the ad it said it was built in the late 80's. The auld cell was put in in 1995,Was the ad incorrect? I will try to post the picture on here from Miami if I can't I will email it to you and you can post it.

(no login)

Macaroni

November 11 2006, 1:25 PM 

The Maraconi had maroon cowlings with dark natural wood decks. The pepperoni which belonged to Joe's brother Louie was painted purple, gold and white because he was a LSU fan. I bought the boat from Louie S. in 1977 and I refinished it back to natural with maroon and orange and called it Second Generation E-333. After that I sold it to Randy Jenkins from Baton Rouge and bought my first Staudacher. What happened to the boat after that I don't know but I do know that the Macroni is still down South and Thad has it now. When Joe was killed him and Elroy were runing together and Joe hooked in the corner and Elroy went over him is how he was killed.

(no login)

Macroni

November 11 2006, 1:34 PM 

Yes there were 2 Macaroni's one was a Jones and the other was a Lauterbach. When Joe bought the Jones he sold the Lauterbach to Nick Manale and it was renamed the Chopper, my Dad Roy L. Wilson, Jr. and Tony Sansonie drove it. They ran it together with the Intruder E-16 which was a Farmer hull and they called them the Orange racing team.

Jason
(no login)

The add was indeed incorrect............

November 11 2006, 7:22 PM 

Glen, I knew the add was incorrect before I bought the boat just by looking at the pictures. The deck arch was the old style. and the boat was much too narrow to have been built in the 80's. Your "Gotcha" was a monster compared to this boat. After giving the dimensions of the boat to Ron Jones, we figured that it had been built around 1970.

Are you going to get a boat and run vintage????? I remember when you had the 1 Litre in Lowell and I saw the 5 Litre in Lowell and Hampton. You can't stay away forever......Jason

(no login)

Another old Jones 280.

November 11 2006, 8:10 PM 

When we were in Port Deposit this summer, there was an old Jones 280 sitting in someone's yard. I would bet it was the Hot Stuff / Hire Voltage that was bought by Kevin Conglin (?) and than Ken Brodie Jr. But I thought Ken destroyed that boat at a race in New Jersey (Greenwood Lake maybe??) Anybody know what boat that was? I should have stopped and checcked it out.

Mike Weber

Greg Isaac
(no login)

Re: Another old Jones 280.

November 11 2006, 8:32 PM 

That is the boat Jason bought.....

From Rookie

November 12 2006, 1:40 PM 

I and my wife were also standing on the seawall when they pulled the boat in. We both saw David being dragged behind the boat as his jacket was caught in the prop or the rudder. My wife freaked-out and began to cry. I had to take her home so I don't know what happened after that.

(no login)

Re: The add was indeed incorrect............

November 12 2006, 11:31 PM 

Jason, I emailed you the cover of the 1978 propeller. I can't get on to try to post a picture because of the site being down so much. I only have been able to get here because it's saved in my favorites. Yes I'm looking for a new toy to play with on the vintage circuit. Are you going to have both boats next year?

Jason
(no login)

I can only drive one.....so one's gonna go....

November 13 2006, 7:55 AM 

Glenn, thanx for the email, I got it this morning. Glad to here that you're coming to join the fun. I probably won't have both boats next year. I can only drive one at a time and frankly my budget won't allow two boats so one will have to go. I'm leaning towards keeping the Jones and selling the Karelson at the moment. I've had a lot of fun in that boat but I've always wanted a Jones 280 and now I've found one. It's a smaller boat than my Karelson and probably will be more of a handful. It's pretty hard to complain about the way the Karelson runs, smooth and fast. It will be a tough decision but I'm holding off making it for now. Jason

(Login challiv)

I'm gonna take a stab at it!

November 13 2006, 11:05 AM 

Here's my guess Mike........Little Red Baron?

Greg Isaac
(no login)

LOOKOUT, THIS ONE IS IN CHRIS' WHEELHOUSE

November 13 2006, 11:21 AM 

Chris, finally got one form your era!!!! I've been trying to think of a good one that you would have a shot at.....

(Login challiv)

Re: LOOKOUT, THIS ONE IS IN CHRIS' WHEELHOUSE

November 13 2006, 12:20 PM 

Okay, shoot.............

(no login)

Jon Van Dyke's boat

January 21 2014, 2:44 PM 

It was the Tool Crib Special

Current Topic - Miami 75 or 76  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to General Discussion Board