November 4 2007 at 1:57 AM

I just started wonderup a few days ago and here are my stats:

Weight: 136 lbs
Height: 5 ft 8 in
Under bust: 31 inches
Around bust: 32.5 inches
BE method: Wonderup
Progress so far: 2nd day

So I've read a TON of posts and have seen that people typically increase 1/2 to 3 inches, but according to bra size measurements, that wouldnt even put me at a full A cup! According to http://www.victoriassecret.com/html/bra/measuring/, 32.5 - (31+5) = -3.5 , and you have to have just one inch difference in order to be an A... so even if I get GREAT results from wonderup, am I still doomed to always fall short of an A cup? Do I really have to gain 4.5 inches to be an A?? Or is this measurement system flawed? I have never been able to completely fill a bra, all mine have huge gaps and are extremely padded! Anyone else in my situation (completely flat) that's gotten good results?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
P S

Re: Am I doomed?

November 4 2007, 12:09 PM 

What size bra are you wearing now then? Or what size bra do you think you should be wearing (if it wasn't padded)?

Respond to this message   

November 4 2007, 5:19 PM 

Well I really dont need a bra at all, I am literally flat (like i said, only 1.5 inch difference from my ribs to my boobs) so I've never actually had a bra that fit, besides a sports bra haha. So yeah, my bra size would be like 36 AAAA if thats possible.

Respond to this message   
Elaine

November 5 2007, 6:57 PM 

The system is flawed as far as I'm concerned because the add 5 method never worked for me. Not at all. I have always added 3 instead which for me always worked perfectly. I've been doing this for years and for me that's what works.

Respond to this message   
Frances

December 18 2007, 8:39 PM 

Yes I add 3" too. For me it works perfectly. Adding 5" would be ridiculous in my case.

Respond to this message   
Moon

December 20 2007, 3:03 PM 

We are all different, 1 inch is different on everyone and NBE is different for everyone. There is no reason to think you can never reach an A, or B or C for that matter. It's not granted that you will, but there is no reason to assume you won't. There are quite a few girls over on Eve's forum that started AAA or so and grew nicely.

Respond to this message   
Sophie B

measurement system IS flawed

December 20 2007, 9:01 PM 

I have been wondering about this for ages, and happened to catch a short slot on TV which explained it - the old 'add 5 system' was from when they didn't have good elastic, and you needed that space to breathe. Nowadays that doesn't apply so I agree with the previous posters that add 3 works a lot better. For myself, the underbust is 27 inches, and I fit nicely into a 30 band bra. However until recently I never knew they even existed, and always took a 32, but that's just because I'm so small around.

For you, no way you're not doomed. if you're gonna try WU, you are young so that's the best time to try it. and for bras, maybe try a padded 32A or 34 inch? You know, I never knew this, but when you fit the bra it is supposed to be on the loosest hook to start with, that way when it stretches you can tighten it to the other hooks... So work it out according to what fits.

Good Luck!

Respond to this message   
Mandy

Re: measurement system IS flawed

February 1 2008, 8:19 AM 

Yes good info, thanks for your post. It also depends on manufacturer - not all bras measure up the same. You might find that if you think you're a certain size but it doesn't fit, the same size bra from another bra company may fit perfectly. They don't all work the same way. so measurement systems are also flawed for that reason.

Respond to this message   
JG

April 8 2008, 10:19 AM 

Take all breast measurement charts with a pich of salt. They are a rough guide only and women who rely on them often end up with the wrong bra size!

Respond to this message   
Janice

July 26 2009, 10:20 AM 

You're right yes, they most often do end up with the wrong size bra

Respond to this message   
Wendy

February 27 2011, 10:52 AM 

Good post from Sopie B. The 5" method has been around a long time and shouldn't be automatically followed now.

Respond to this message   
Candy

May 19 2009, 9:57 AM 

There are a lot of different measurement charts though, that's worth remembering, and they can give quite different results to each other.

Respond to this message   
milani

May 19 2009, 7:17 PM 

yeah if i used that method it would put me at and A cup and i actually wear and was professionally measured at a 32C and it fits well

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Am I doomed?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return To Index