Return to Index  

How Discouraging

January 11 2003 at 8:23 PM
  (no login)

Response to Ok

It's very discouraging to hear you say that "it's just stupid" to try to change these laws. You don't have any children yet, you have plenty of time to change these laws before a little girl will be discriminated like that. I wasn't suggesting that anyone purposely break a law to get it changed. Personally I believe that there is a more effective approach. Thosands of people get arrested for possession of marijuana every year, and it still remains illegal. Purposely breaking a law doesn't mean they're going to change it. If that were the case, I wouldn't be concerned about my child being topfree, I'd be taking my own damn shirt off! Point is, these laws implant a negative body image in little girls, and as a concerned parent, I can not and will not idley sit by and allow that to be inflicted upon my daughter. If she and I were at a public pool together, and a lifeguard said something to me about her having her top off, I would argue with him. She would hear her Mommy defending her body. She would see that Mommy disagrees with him. She would see that he is not necessarily right about her body. She would also hear Mommy tell him that before he criticizes a little girls body, he needs to go put a damn shirt on himself, and she would also hear mommy tell him and everyone else at the pool, that she pissed in his precious pool water. Then her and her Mommy would leave, along with everyone else!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Oh I see what you are gettin at - Mi on Jan 12
    1. That was me - Mike on Jan 12

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement