Return to Index  

RE: Opacity and the law

January 24 2003 at 1:24 AM
Eagle Eye  (no login)

Response to Opacity and the law

Nat, you said " Well as far as I know there are no laws prohibiting brafreedom ... "

Yes, that is part of my point. The women that join Whitney can start out by going every where brafree to help them get over their uneasyness of being an "exhibitionist". And do so knowing the long arm of the law will not be tapping them on the shoulder.

Recall that I now hold to the position that many women eschew going braless, let alone topless, simply because they may be seen as exhibitionists. That fear will probably be a tough rock to crack.

As Whitney's team gets bigger and they all spend their public lives braless (unless something like work rules restricts them) they will be setting the example for others.

No doubt they will be told by some "do gooder" that they should be wearing a bra. This gives the team member a chance to hand out a business card (with URLs to all the information that has been cited on this site) and to discuss the benifits of brafreedom and the changes needed in the law to bring equality to women.

I'm all for going slow. No "in your face" stuff yet. Getting the media all riled up against Whitney and her team will make change that much more difficult. In fact, I believe that Whitney should have three immediate goals: 1) get a starting team, 2) get a sympathetic lawyer on board, 3) work on getting the media on her side before the nay-sayers do.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement