Return to Index  

Embarrassed twice

December 9 2003 at 5:38 PM
Mona  (no login)

Response to What would embarrass you?

Kelli, I have been asked by many women over the years if I have ever been embarrassed because of my bralessness. First of all, I am sort of an exhibitionist, I know that many on this board will not like to hear that. I have always liked when men look at my breasts. My nipples always show unless I wear a jacket or some other coverup, so nipples are not an issues. I only go topless in private, with friends, or on beaches where there are other topless women. As far as worrying about size and shape, I have always been comfortable with my breasts, although they are far from perfect. Mine are large, saggy, and one is larger than the other. I sometime wish I were skinny, but I just figure this is me. I am not skinny with perky breasts and that is that. In the past few years I have begun to think about the possibility that I am grossing out people on the topless beach. My husband reminds me that if they don’t want to look, they don’t have to. I guess that is good advice.

I can only remember 2 times (in the past 26 years) that I have been embarrassed because of my bralessness. One was the first year of being braless. We were at a picnic at my husband’s boss and we ended up playing volleyball (I was in a tank top). I was involved in a particularly active volley and was jumping around and running around for a few seconds. My breasts were jiggling and making a slapping noise (they do this often). After the volley had ended, the boss’s wife asks the group, “what was that slapping noise?” Everyone was quiet and she asked it again. I finally said I thought it was because of my tank top. She looked at my chest and then loudly said, “don’t you have a bra on?” I quietly said no.

The other time was at the wedding of a friend just a few years ago. It was an outdoor wedding followed by a reception on a dinner cruise type boat. It was a beautiful warm day and I wore a fantastic, sort of slinky, sundress. I really liked that dress and I had worn it many, many times. It did show my breasts and nipples more that most things I wear. All was well at the wedding, then when we were standing in line to get on the boat, there was a rain storm. It absolutely poured. Because we could only get on the boat in single file, it took a few minutes and we were soaked. We all looked like drowned rats. There was lots of laughing and kidding. Well, we finally got into the main part of the boat to greet the bride and groom and it was soooo cold in that room. As we went through the receiving line, I started to notice that everyone was looking at my chest more that usual. I finally found a mirror and to my horror, the dress had become sheer when wet. It was so see through that the veins in my breasts were clearly viable and not only were my nipples and areolas showing, but the little bumps around my nipples were obvious . And here I am with no way of changing my situation. I have no wrap and we can’t leave because the boat is traveling on a lake by now. I finally decided to just pretend that nothing was wrong. I spent a few hours completely on display. The thing I really hated was that I sort of became the center of attention and I knew all the attention should rightfully have been on the bride and groom.

Other than those two times, I have not had negative feelings about my bralessness and toplessness.

One last thing, Kelli. My husband always jokes that I am difficult to buy gifts for because of what I don’t need. Bras, camisoles, night gowns, pajamas, and swim tops.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement