Return to Index  

Re: A hypothetical couple

January 17 2004 at 1:22 AM
Michelle  (no login)

Response to A hypothetical couple

Nat wrote: "I think the explanation to this is that there two kinds of 'comfort'. There is physical comfort, and there is psychological comfort. It is hard to imagine someone is physically more comfortable wearing a shirt when it is 90 degrees so when a woman says she is more comfortable with a shirt I assume the 'comfort' she is speaking of is psychological."

By using the phrase "hard to imagine" and the word "assume" you are making a blanket statement that everyone must feel as you would in that situation. This is what I have been trying to steer you clear of during this whole thread - it isn't fair for you to speak on the behalf of everyone else that has ever worn a shirt in 90 degree heat.

For example, I can tell you for a fact, that I happen to be one of those people that absolutely LOVE hot weather. It never bothers me. While others are in the air conditioning, I am outside do physical activities. Wearing a shirt in 90 degree weather has never been uncomfortable for me....

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. But what about others? - Nat on Jan 17, 2004
    1. make sense now - JB on Jan 17, 2004
      1. Re: make sense now - Nat on Jan 17, 2004
        1. Choices - Michelle on Jan 17, 2004
          1. OK - Nat on Jan 17, 2004
            1. I agree with you Nat - Michelle on Jan 17, 2004
          2. Re: Choices - peter on Jan 17, 2004
            1. Actually Peter - Michelle on Jan 17, 2004
    2. Yes, I do understand - Michelle on Jan 17, 2004
      1. Choice - Nat on Jan 17, 2004
        1. 100% in agreement - Michelle on Jan 17, 2004

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement