Return to Index  

target audience

May 6 2004 at 11:48 AM
Pat  (no login)

Response to Fashion Trends

Thanks for the thoughts, Michael. In actuality, all clothes from corsets to bell bottoms to bras to blue jeans have been part of fashion trends. In most cities in the USA, so few women are brafree that it has a big inhibiting effect on women who would like to be brafree.
Since most on this forum would like to see brafree become more prevalent, it may be helpful to look to our target audience -- women who might want to give bra freedom a try. Even on this forum, some women are seeing brafreedom from time to time in positive and negative lights, after their pos. and neg. experiences. One prominent poster one time said "its enough to make me go back to wearing bras" and another time stated she wants to throw away her bras. Michaela has been successful in changing even some of our perceptions in a positive way. The big target audience out there is the millions of women who hate to wear bras but don't feel that they have a choice. Some things that we wear will make many of them think "that looks trashy" and other things will cause them to think "that looks really nice without a bra; I think I could do that." Of course this will depend on the place and time. Sometimes shock has value and sometimes tastefulness is a better course. But the bottom line is how best to push the envelope in what we wear so that brafreedom becomes more accepted. It could be useful for us to share our ideas on what clothes have been a success in various contexts, such as helping a friend with breast pain to try brafreedom, positive comments and actions by our circles of friends, and positive comments out in public.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Change and support - Michael on May 6
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement