Return to Index  

Wild

May 10 2004 at 5:22 PM
  (Login mgoodyear)

Response to Oh that was me NM

Melissa, O wild friend, we usually know it is you now when the word 'anonymous' appears, and we know you do not mean to be anonymous, just a gremlin in your computer. But unblind my ignorant self, which manifestation of yourself is 'NM'? (Or merely, but not so much fun, merely NetLingo for 'never mind').

However, more seriously, we are trying to get away from labels and partisanship so that we can make some political gains. 'Christian' is becoming a bit of a label too. 'Christians' massacred 400 Muslims in a village in Nigeria over the weekend. What sort of 'Christians' were they? Horrible things have happened in the name of 'Christianity' over the centuries, which do not necessarily diminish the essential elements of the Christian faith. It is true that oppression of other people's behaviour occurs in the name of Christianity in N America, and yet (in the light of the above)there is a surprising number of naturist websites labelled Christian.

So, I think we need to be a little careful about labels, and in particular the way people use them to superficially justify unjustifiable actions, and concentrate more on issues. Sorry that is a bit rambly but to achieve change we need to band together around goals or we will get nowhere.

Yours, Michael

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement