talking and trying thingsNovember 26 2004 at 3:37 PM
No score for this post
|michaela (no login)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
Response to caught
Lately we have been having more chances to talk about things like underwear and family nudity. Our youngest boy is home with us to home/construction site school for the remainder of this year. It is a long story about an administration in a primary school that we think may be doing more harm than good.
But, having him with us all the time now brings into question the body freedom issues we all talk about here, only with him now. I have recently learned that he is a commando kid, and proud of it, he says, smiling. (he is nine)
So we have had the door opened to discuss things like should we be ashamed of our bodies, and nudity, and does he still remember breast feeding. We have had some great conversations too. He seems very open and relaxed.
As for kids coming to visit...we live pretty far out in the sticks and if anyone wants to visit we usually get a call first to see if anyone is home. No one wants to drive out so far to find an empty house. so I haven't had any surprises yet.
Since the weather is kinda getting colder now I am covered mostly, but have been wearing my crocheted sweaters and things like that to test the kids feeling. So far I haven't seen any notable reactions. My ten year old daughter said that she liked the sheer top I was wearing last night. It was completely see through.
Has no one else here had to figure this out? I know some of you raised your kids with family nudity from the get go, but anyone else ever tried to figure out how to do this mid way through? Am I the only one? I wish I had started this sooner. Some of you know I have been working on this for a while now.
- Re: Talking - Rusty on Nov 26, 2004
- Re: Talking - michaela on Nov 26, 2004
- Alternate lifestyles - Nat on Nov 26, 2004
- reality - michaela on Nov 27, 2004
- Re: reality - Rusty on Nov 28, 2004
- ATTN: Nat, Email For Rusty - michaela on Nov 30, 2004
- OK - Nat on Nov 30, 2004
- MIA - michaela on Dec 1, 2004
- Re: MIA - Nat on Dec 1, 2004
- Re: MIA - michaela on Dec 1, 2004
- feisting - Nat on Dec 1, 2004
- Re: feisting - michaela on Dec 1, 2004
- Education - fashiondreamer on Nov 27, 2004
- Family - Open Doors - fashiondreamer on Nov 27, 2004