Re: What about the Bill of Rights...December 18 2004 at 1:44 PM
No score for this post
|Cassie (no login)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Response to Re: What about the Bill of Rights...
"It is the Bill of Rights that specifically defines the limits governmental power. But no where in the Bill of Rights does it say women can show their breasts in public. In fact, it doesn't address the issue of clothes or nudity at all. Now some have used the argument of "freedom of expression" but rarely have the courts bought this argument. "
The 9th and 10th amendments give all rights that are neither explicitly given to the people, nor prohibited to the people by the constitution, to the people.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
- Re: What about the Bill of Rights... - peter on Dec 18, 2004
- The point - Nat on Dec 18, 2004
- Re: The point - peter on Dec 18, 2004
- Re: The point - Cassie on Dec 18, 2004
- Re: The point - Anonymous on Dec 18, 2004
- Re: The point - Cassie on Dec 19, 2004
- Re: The point - peter on Dec 19, 2004
- Jurisdiction - Nat on Dec 18, 2004