Return to Index  

Magnetotherapy

January 9 2005 at 7:56 AM
BigAl  (no login)

Response to Quack science

Thanks for your comments on this John, which I shall store with my notes. I just collect 'info' on applications of magnets for interest; but I haven't had time to check on the accuracy/feasibilyty of most of it. It is something that I have been meaning to do at some time. My interest loies in the fact that I teach 'Science' in a school, and ask the pupils to find out about 'Applications of Magnets' They generally do not come up with medical applications, but I draw their attention to it, whilst informing them that s0ome aspects of this are classed as 'Alternative Medicine'. At some stage, when I have a particularly interested ansd capable class, I was planning to get them to research it in more depth - partly for my own interest. As I say, there is no a priori reason why higher mammals could not be sensitive to magnetic fields as there are a range of orgasnisms that are, ranging from magnetotactic bacteria to birds who use it for navigation. As I say, in my opinion, this could be one explanation for some individuals having a so-called 6th sense/ESP etc, etc. It's something which I would like to find the time to read about more deeply, to focus my ideas.

Regarding EM effects from power lines: recently a Professor (from Univ of Bristl,UK if I recall correctly) set up a demonstration where he implanted rows of fluorescent tube lamps alongside an overhead cable, and at increasing distances from it. These were caused to glow and he took a photograph of it which was published in many of the national newspapers. It is easy to think that, if this effect can happen, then it is not outr of the question for it to be affecting people who live in houses directly underneath the power lines.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Lighting fluorescents - BigAl on Jan 9, 2005
    1. Re: Lighting fluorescents - Nat on Jan 9, 2005
      1. Off Topic? - BigAl on Jan 9, 2005
        1. Good point - Nat on Jan 9, 2005
          1. 'Wild breasts' - Alan on Jan 9, 2005
            1. Re: Natural breasts - Nat on Jan 9, 2005
              1. Practicing smileys - Alan on Jan 9, 2005
                1. Eureka! - Alan on Jan 9, 2005
                  1. Other tricks - Nat on Jan 9, 2005
              2. Re: Natural breasts - Alteior on Jan 10, 2005
                1. Me too! - michaela on Jan 10, 2005
                  1. thesaurus ammunition - Pat on Jan 10, 2005
                    1. Right On! - michaela on Jan 10, 2005
                2. Wild breasts - John Bayko on Jan 11, 2005
                  1. Fabulous imagery - BigAl on Jan 12, 2005

2. Re: Magnetotherapy - John Bayko on Jan 9, 2005
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement