Return to Index  

Problem?

May 17 2005 at 2:29 PM
Adelle  (no login)

Response to Re: Wait a sec...

Where did you get that from what I said? Everyone has an opinion, most of which are different in degree and many of which are totally opposite. I certainly don’t have a problem with that or with people expressing their opinion. Like you, I do have a problem with an “I am right, you are wrong and going to hell” attitude that some folks have. It makes it hard to discuss things rationally. I also have a problem with people forcing their views on others by making them laws. This is usually reserved for government but there are some individuals that totally support these efforts (until it is their views that are being over ridden, then it’s a Liberal or Neo-con conspiracy). So, no, I don’t mind opposite viewpoints just legislated morality (which started this whole cheerleader thing).

While looking over my shoulder reading this, my father showed me an interesting quote that I (and he) thought M. Edwards might appreciate. It is from William III to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland (c. 1690) (a group which would make GW Bush look like a Libertarian): “We expect that your management shall be such that we may have no reason to repent of what we have done. ... Moderation is what religion enjoins, what neighbouring Churches expect from you, and what we recommend to you.” (History of England, Vol III by Lord Macaulay) The same could be applied to any government or group.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Problem? - michaela on May 17
    1. Keeping up. - Adelle on May 17
      1. Re: Keeping up. - michaela on May 17
        1. News - Adelle on May 17
        2. Re: Keeping up. - Nat on May 17
          1. Re: Keeping up. - michaela on May 17

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement