Return to Index  

A Case In Point

July 5 2005 at 11:26 AM
michaela  (no login)

Response to Good points

Some will also say that a woman gets what she deserves for wearing what she wears. Again, asigning blame to her if she gets attacked.

But it goes both ways... two weeks ago while Peter and I were enjoying a coffee at the Barnes and Noble a woman came up to our table and told us she reads all the Highlander Romance novels she can get her hands on. Then she asked me if Peter wears underwear under his kilt. Wham! Just like that. She then asked me what it was like to be married to a 'celt'. I didn't answer her directly about the underwear question but rather, I explained to her the traditional question so that in the future, if she was going to continue to be so bold as to ask, that she at least ask properly. And as to the question about being married to a 'celt', I wasn't sure what aspect of being married to him she wanted me to elaborate upon, so I evaded the question by saying that I too, was a 'celt' and so we cancelled each other out. She then, noticing the construction logo on the t-shirt said that she wanted to know where Peter would be working next so she could stand under the scaffold. This all took place in front of our kids, mind you.

Now some would say that Peter deserved what he got because he wore a kilt in public. I say that the woman was waaaaayyyy out of line.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Offensive thresholds - Nat on Jul 5
    1. Tradition - michaela on Jul 5
      1. Rudeness - tgobg on Jul 9

2. So true - Boreas on Jul 5
    1. Re: So true - michaela on Jul 5
      1. Re: So true - Boreas on Jul 5
        1. Glad to see you, Boreas! - michaela on Jul 5
          1. Bubbaville north - Boreas on Jul 5
            1. Oh, Yay! - michaela on Jul 5
              1. Thanks - Boreas on Jul 5
    2. regimental? - JB on Jul 5
      1. Re: regimental? - Nat on Jul 5
        1. Re: regimental? - peter on Jul 5

3. Re: A Case In Point - JB on Jul 5
    1. Re: A Case In Point - michaela on Jul 5

4. I suspect you were approached because... - bn on Jul 6
    1. Living vicariously - Nat on Jul 6
      1. Re: Living vicariously - peter on Jul 6
        1. Re: Living vicariously - JB on Jul 6
          1. Re: Living vicariously - peter on Jul 6
          2. Re: Living vicariously - michaela on Jul 6
    2. giddy - michaela on Jul 6

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement