Return to Index  

painting

July 15 2005 at 1:02 PM
elijah  (no login)

Response to Re: my list of jobs with gender preferences

"Painting is part of construction work. Explain how men are better than women at that."

don't get me started on painting. i'm currently painting my mom's 3 bedroom house mostly by myself. and my new neighbor is a professional painter. first of all, they're painting their house to resell it. and his wife doesn't get her hands dirty. he even explained that there's a lot of stuff about painting that women can't do. let me explain.

my mom's house hasn't been painted in 30 years. so it peels a lot. 80% of painting is the prep work--mostly scraping. scraping doesn't require much physical strength, but it is a lot of work to do a whole house.

the dvd i mentioned earlier said that men produce more enzymes, can hold 30% more oxygen due to more red blood cells per body weight. for a job like scraping, which takes over a week of continous 8-hour day, men will take longer to become tired and will end up doing more work.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. OH PULEASE! - Boreas on Jul 15
  3. O2 in the Muscles - tgobg on Jul 16
    1. Re: O2 in the Muscles - JB on Jul 16
      1. Re: O2 in the Muscles - peter on Jul 16
      2. Birthing babies - tgobg on Jul 17

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement