Return to Index  

Re: some institutions have forgot what they're there for

July 16 2005 at 7:33 PM
  (no login)

Response to some institutions have forgot what they're there for

Elijah, you of course misunderstood what I wrote. I will explain it a little more fully to help you maybe understand. Before women were actively participating in traditionally male jobs, they were kept out by unreasonably high standards. They were NOT the standards required to do the job. They were well above what was needed. When they brought the standards to level actually needed to perform the job, then women could participate fully. Of course, women have to be able to do the job as effectively as the men.

Women in the Canadian Forces is the least of the problem with our military, but that is a whole other topic. Again, the women are expected to perform their tasks as effectively as the men. The fact that women are in the military does not dilute its effectiveness.

I would hazard a guess that women are quite integrated into the US military system.

Perhaps if a woman ran the US, the country would be better respected. It would certainly be an improvement over the current Administration.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Margaret - Nat on Jul 16
    1. Hmmmmm - Boreas on Jul 16
      1. Thatcher - Nat on Jul 16
        1. Very true - Boreas on Jul 16
          1. Thatcher - Nat on Jul 17
            1. Re: Thatcher - Boreas on Jul 17
              1. Business interests - Nat on Jul 17
    2. female leaders - elijah on Jul 18
      1. Hormonal influences - Nat on Jul 19
        1. Testosterone - Boreas on Jul 19
          1. Re: Testosterone - peter on Jul 19
      2. Re: female leaders - John Bayko on Jul 21
    3. On both sides!!! - bn on Jul 20
      1. Women candidates - Boreas on Jul 20

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement