Federal failureSeptember 2 2005 at 12:51 PM
|Nat (Login Nafana)|
Response to I'm furious too but not at the President(long)
Sorry Dale, I'm not so quick to let the administration off the hook. After all the hype about new disaster management procedures that had been developed in the wake of 9/11, I expected much better.
Last week experts were on TV saying hurricane Kintrina would likely hit the New Orleans area and that it would be a disaster there. The administration had all weekend to mobilize the National Guard and have them start moving in Monday afternoon to maintain order.
Instead I watched three days of hungry homeless people walking the streets and begging for help like Bangladesh refugees while stores were being looted and burned and the city taken over by armed gangs of thugs. What a picture we are presenting to the world!
It wasn't until Thursday, after days of suffering, chaos, civil anarchy and frantic requests from state officials for more help that federal NG troops began arriving to restore order.
If the federal government is this slow to react to a hurricane that everyone knew was coming, it doesn't give me much confidence about their handling of another surprised terrorist attack.
- Re: Federal failure - Charlie on Sep 2, 2005
- Being prepared - Nat on Sep 2, 2005
- Re: Federal failure - michaela on Sep 2, 2005
- Re: Federal failure - John Bayko on Sep 6, 2005
- Nat - michaela on Sep 2, 2005
- Thanks - Nat on Sep 2, 2005
- You are Welcome - michaela on Sep 2, 2005
- No Federal Failure - Larry kBayerkohler on Sep 11, 2005
- Leaving us - Nat on Sep 11, 2005
- Political - John Bayko on Sep 11, 2005
- the goal - michaela on Sep 11, 2005
- Amazing - Boreas on Sep 11, 2005
- Re: Amazing - peter on Sep 11, 2005
- True - Boreas on Sep 11, 2005
- Re: True - peter on Sep 11, 2005
- Re: True - Boreas on Sep 11, 2005
- Polarized country - Nat on Sep 11, 2005
- Re: No Federal Failure - spinclad on Sep 12, 2005