I would agree... to a certain extentSeptember 24 2005 at 6:23 PM
No score for this post
|TCII (no login)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Response to Reason for optimism
I would agree that toplessness is a local issue. The problem with what you have said, and may have overlooked, is that every issue that works its way through the court system begins at the lower court. All issues eventually decided by the Supreme Court begin at some local, district courthouse.
This is what sets precedence regarding an issue including toplessness and naturism, and the conservatism of the Rehnquist Court has seen a lessening of the protections of personal freedoms and such in favor of increased police powers at the local level and why it is so important for people to understand.
- Change the laws - Nat on Sep 24, 2005
- Re: Change the laws - TCII on Sep 24, 2005
- Keep in mind... - cargo on Sep 25, 2005
- Laws - Nat on Sep 25, 2005
- Re: Laws - TCII on Sep 25, 2005
- Re: Laws - michaela on Sep 25, 2005