Return to Index  

my name

October 1 2005 at 4:19 AM
  (Login spinclad)

Response to Topics...

I don't know if anyone will notice this half-year belated response, buried pages back. I particularly hope you see it, michaela, though if not, no big matter, `it's only ones and zeroes'...

At first choir rehearsal this year at church, asked to tell something memorable about ourselves for introductions, I thought -- why not? -- and let people know:

The name I go by, spinclad, reflects my being a physicist by religion, a nudist by nature. The elements of sun, air, water and sand, four phases of matter and energy, the different fields and forces that make up ourselves and the world around us, are perhaps nothing but spin both half and whole (half-spin for the particles of matter, whole for the forces that join them, roughly speaking). Whether dressed in textile or the elements, a body cannot help being dressed in the spin of the world woven intricately around and through.

Besides physics, i study buddhist dharma; and with these two for my background, when i finally checked out a UU church in the neighborhood, it was like coming home.

(Thus endeth my rant. You may breathe again.)
--
spinclad
m.k.a. Roger Hale
(Repeat, as needed, forever.)

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement