FreedomsOctober 11 2005 at 10:37 PM
No score for this post
|John Bayko (no login)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Response to Two responses
"My overall experience has been that women enjoy many freedoms denied to men, yet the only things we ever hear much about are the ways that women suffer discrimination."
In Canada, women are three times more likely to be murdered by their spouses than men.
In the United States, women are five times more likely to be beaten or otherwise abused by their spouses. Four women per day die from this.
Women are raped or otherwise sexually assaulted six times more often than men, and those who are victims an average of 2.9 times within the year. This amounts to one in six women.
In the U.S, women on average earn about 75% or what their male collegues may make ("African American" women average 66%, and "Latin American" women average about 55%).
Four times as many single parents are women than men, and are often also be limited to lower paying jobs than those women mentioned above, so live in poverty.
If that's equality, I'll gladly give up wearing a halter-top to work (plus I get cold).
- Re: Freedoms - Boreas on Oct 12, 2005
- Look at the Whole Picture - Bob on Oct 13, 2005
- Further - Bpb on Oct 13, 2005
- Oh, I get it! - michaela on Oct 14, 2005
- oops - michaela on Oct 14, 2005
- Not Asking For Either - Bob on Oct 14, 2005
- Read Agian - michaela on Oct 14, 2005
- Misandry - John Bayko on Oct 15, 2005
- Re: Misandry - JB on Oct 16, 2005
- Opposite - John Bayko on Oct 16, 2005
- Re: Opposite - JB on Oct 16, 2005