PerceptionOctober 23 2005 at 10:10 PM
No score for this post
|John Bayko (no login)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to Well, Thank You, John!
"[...] my objection was to being judged more harshly than my female colleagues when exhibiting similar or identical behaviors."
This sounds like it's again about perception. It might have been useful to try to find out, politely (i.e without saying that they were wrong first), why you were judged that way - did it seem to them like you really were behaving the same way? Of if you were, why it matters to them that you're male?
And if you don't mind an observation - I'm rushing to judgement a little here, before getting to know you, because these personality conflicts here are rapidly escalating: it seems to me that you are open-minded enough to take a look at things on your own without prejudice of other's already-held opinions, but you don't seem to investigate much beyond the surface appearances. Often there are reasons for popular opinions, even if they're not exactly correct, and it's always informative to look not just at what you think, but why others think differently. Often you find that there's something underneath that you weren't aware of at first or second glance.
- No Prob - Bob on Oct 25, 2005
- Re: No Prob - peter on Oct 26, 2005
- Would you say that? - Bob on Oct 26, 2005
- Re: Would you say that? - peter on Oct 26, 2005
- Good for You - Bob on Oct 27, 2005
- Re: Good for You - peter on Oct 27, 2005
- But, You are - Bob on Oct 28, 2005
- Re: But, You are - michaela on Oct 31, 2005
- addendum - peter on Oct 26, 2005
- Blame society - John Bayko on Oct 27, 2005
- To a Point - Bob on Oct 27, 2005