Return to Index  

Re: Segue?

December 17 2005 at 2:14 AM
Roger Hale  (Login spinclad)

Response to Re: Segue?

<< "... reduces death." "Whose death? ..." >>

Pound for pound (or kilo for kilo), investment for investment of lost energy and social bonds, less death.

But in fact I'd rather not pursue this argument myself; as you say, I'm an outsider (though interested) to the sectarian disputes at issue here. So I return to...

<<This all bears directly and without even ordinary thread-wandering on whether your example of Kerry's supporting abortion rights is a good one of a lapse in Christianity.>>

You seem to have missed what I was saying about John's and your arguments in this thread: I wasn't even trying to make my own argument on the abortion sub-issue, but to summarize yours and his, and show that his arguments bear directly on the major one of judging and naming another's lapse in Christianity: to wit, he disputes the lapse (though more to the point might be that you judge and name the lapse when you said you would never do so.) On topic, and you mock him for straying off topic.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I need to check my headers, too. - spinclad on Dec 17, 2005
    1. Thanks for the Introduction - michaela on Dec 17, 2005
      1. Not an invitation as such, no - spinclad on Dec 18, 2005
        1. Just So You Know - michaela on Dec 18, 2005
        2. Tea and Buscuits - michaela on Dec 18, 2005
          1. I'd be willing - bn on Dec 19, 2005
            1. Thanks - michaela on Dec 19, 2005
              1. Where - bn on Dec 19, 2005
                1. Cool! - michaela on Dec 19, 2005
                  1. It looks like - bn on Dec 19, 2005
                    1. Whah! - michaela on Dec 19, 2005
          2. Re: Tea and Buscuits - spinclad on Dec 21, 2005

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement