Not an invitation as such, noDecember 18 2005 at 1:16 AM
|spinclad (Login spinclad)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Response to Thanks for the Introduction
just a wry comment on 'revealing' my name when several of us have gotten hot with each other -- I know I have, against vows (against harsh language, for instance) that I haven't actually taken per se but feel bound by. I wasn't meaning you specifically either, michaela, as to tracking down; read 'you all' there and you'll have what i meant.
But, really, if you're around Boston sometime and want to meet, why not drop by for tea and biscuits or cornbread or something handy... The place is a mess, give me a call beforehand if that would bother you. I don't expect you to take me up on this any time soon -- why should you trust my good will toward you (and you know your own toward me, however it is, now and later) when I've just been treating you hard with my postings? But good will to all is an exercise for the spirit, embodied in the Metta prayer in Buddhism as well as a natal blessing in Luke; good will and vigorous speech put demands on each other, temper each other in the forge of the world; may I treat you all well and justly as we go along.
wassail ('be hale'),
10 second Metta:
Be safe; be happy in body, speech, and mind; be well and at ease.
(repeat forever, as needed)
- Just So You Know - michaela on Dec 18, 2005
- Tea and Buscuits - michaela on Dec 18, 2005
- I'd be willing - bn on Dec 19, 2005
- Thanks - michaela on Dec 19, 2005
- Where - bn on Dec 19, 2005
- Cool! - michaela on Dec 19, 2005
- It looks like - bn on Dec 19, 2005
- Whah! - michaela on Dec 19, 2005
- Re: Tea and Buscuits - spinclad on Dec 21, 2005