Return to Index  

Everything You Posted

February 19 2006 at 12:45 PM
Bob  (no login)

Response to People Like Me

These are the same things that ANYONE who advocates an unpopular position says: It is no one's business. Society is archaic. People need to get over it. It will happen regardless of what anyone thinks. It is people's right . . their freedom. Its not as bad as something else (that someone else is advocating for).

Mike, take any issue that you feel strongly about and disagree with others on. Then, consider arguments posed by those you disagree with, that say the exact same things you posted. but in defense of their position (be it "bottom freedom", or "Public poor body hygiene", or "Sex with children", etc.) Do the arguments persuade you? Probably not. And, why? Because you want to draw the line SOMEWHERE on people's behaviors . . . and there are always others who don't like your line and will bitch, kick, scream, call you names and insult your intelligence . . . all because they disagree with you.

Do you change your position anyway . . just to "keep peace" and because you don't want to be seen as all the bad things your opponents accuse you of? I hope not. I hope you are stronger than that . . you talk like you are. So, you respond that their line is improper and your line is better. That's all its about.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Everything You Posted - Mike on Feb 19, 2006
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement