Return to Index  

The divorce dilemma

March 19 2006 at 7:49 PM
  (Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Response to Isn't that sensitive?

Well this has been illuminating post Bob, and I better understand your problem with women now. And I agree that men usually do get the shaft in divorce settlements. It seems especially unfair when they are the innocent party. I think there should be major changes here.

First off, I think the when one party is clearly at fault in a failed marriage they should be penalized and get far less than 50%. Even when it is considered equal blame, it doesn't seem fair to me that the woman should get half of what the man had before the marriage but they often do. And I think their should be a cap on what they get in any case so that gold diggers can't marry a rich guy for his assets then divorce him and lead an extravagant life afterwards.

I know many couples these days who are not marring at all- they just live together because they don't want the tremendous and often unfair cost that comes with a legal divorce. I don't think this is a good situation but given our current divorce laws, I do understand it.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement